Search results

1. JPSchmack

2021 MLB Postseason Thread

2 hours in and we're still in the 4th.
  2. JPSchmack

2021 Offseason non-Mets Edition

I've always liked him. Not really as a player I wanted, because the low OBP. But I remember seeing him hit and thinking he was like a big Adam Dunn type 1B/DH that the Rangers had put at 3B because they had like, Prince Fielder at 1B or something. And then he was in the OF, and I was...
  3. JPSchmack

CBA Discussions

"Hey Josh, speaking of losing to the Braves, this is the New York Mets calling..."
  4. JPSchmack

Right, I'm aware of our history. I'm just saying it's kind of surprising (even though I remember the WS matchups) that they haven't been back. They had lost in the NLDS or NLCS 11 times in the last 20 years.
  5. JPSchmack

Holy shit. I "knew" that the Braves hadn't made a WS since 1999... but damn, really? We've been to 2 WS in the time since the Braves last one (before now)?
  6. JPSchmack

Citi Field Suppresses Exit Velocity

You build it big and bring the fences in over and over again. Which we have done, multiple times now. We don't even NEED to move the fences in further. CitiField was like 15th or 16th in home run numbers. This is about exit velo, not home runs. How hard guys hit it in our ballpark is low...
  7. JPSchmack

POBO Thread | Hey Arnold!

He can hire me to be his media coach.
  8. JPSchmack

Texas Rangers are Homophobes

Yeah. I think that making an echo chamber actually just creates more pushback by people who are set in their ways. Instead of "How dare you?" responses to Texas/Houston, just consider this another dumb PSA that you don't care about -- like every ad on your TV from The Ad Council. When you...
  9. JPSchmack

Texas Rangers are Homophobes

You can only be cancelled if you accept being cancelled. Donald Trump proved that. Al Franken resigned in disgrace, Trump didn't give a shit that there was audio of him saying grab 'em by the pussy. The whole problem with Texas and Houston abridging the text so they "don't offend: their fan...
  10. JPSchmack

Yeah, but Atlanta added Charlie Morton, an entire legit OF at the deadline of Soler, Duvall and Pederson to the one they already had. The Dodgers swapped in Max for Kershaw (who's hurt), Trea Turner for Max Muncy (who's hurt), now lost Justin Turner. And Bellinger has gone from an MVP to an...
  11. JPSchmack

Let's be honest, everyone using the word nepotism is saying it for exactly one reason: Jeff Wilpon. In baseball, and sports in general, being someone who grew up around the game and observed smart people doing their jobs well for a successful franchise is an immensely beneficial thing. For...
  12. JPSchmack

Is that Pete Buttiegieg's husband?
  13. JPSchmack

Bamberg? Did you become a Mets fan because of William Hayward "Mookie" Wilson ? Yup. I've "known" Hire, BPhunk, Yoon, Nut, COB, Audi, Benny and a ton of others for like, the majority of my 43 years on the planet. Which is really weird/trippy. (So much so, that I could only remember COB...
  14. JPSchmack

The WPF - Women's Professional Fastpitch

I acknowledge that I'm weird. When I discovered sports, it was through baseball cards first, then I watched baseball in the 1985 playoffs (I actually was rooting for the Cardinals!). The Mets were on our TV in the spring, and I became a Mets fan. My favorite player watching my first full...
  15. JPSchmack

By the way... if you're a sports gambler... the WNBA is awesome for making money. Las Vegas had a WNBA team before a hockey, football, NBA or MLB team because the TV ratings for the WNBA in Vegas are like triple anywhere else. And that's because the sharks in Vegas love the WNBA. It's 12...
  16. JPSchmack

I understand. I just find the NBA to be an individual game: Holy shit LeBron! How do you defend Steph? If you have two of the best three individuals on the floor in the NBA, you're going to win 85% of the time. I enjoy the team game more. And BTW, I fucking LOVE STEPH CURRY. He's a...
  17. JPSchmack

Skip Carey is a disgusting pedophile. And this is not a wholly deductive proof....
  18. JPSchmack

Well, I really hate that shirt. So you no longer have my sympathies!
  19. JPSchmack

Jesus, you poor bastard. I hope you like, went to UConn and are really into women's basketball or something.
  20. JPSchmack

Right. Like Seinfeld said, we're all just rooting for a shirt. I hate Acuna's shirt. I hate Freeman's shirt. I like Tatis, who's no different than Acuna, except for his shirt. I like Joey Votto, who's no different than Freeman except for his shirt. White lefty hitter that throws a spaz...