15 Years Ago Today…

Dr. K

Refugee
I remember watching that at a college buddy’s apartment. If I recall it was a early game. 1pm start or something like that. Definitely some day drinking involved.

Daft Punk

Proudly brewing Corona Virus since 2020
I remember watching that at a college buddy’s apartment. If I recall it was a early game. 1pm start or something like that. Definitely some day drinking involved.
Definitely an early game. I was in one of the dining halls eating lunch after class.

It was basically an emergency start from Maine. Delgado hit a bomb to center.

Whoppers97

Refugee
Came home from work early for the game, and it's on my birthday, so its one of those plays I always love to see...

Still don't know what the hell Drew was thinking...

Yeah, I was at work. My cube-mate, who wasn't even a baseball fan (but adopted the Mets for that run) had the game on at his desk and I just happened to turn around right as that play happened, I fucking almost punched him by accident with the fist pump I threw.

Ralph Wiggum

Note to self: Coleslaw
I was listening on the radio in my car sitting in the Nassau community college parking lot. If I remember the radio call off the bat it sounded like 1 run was definitely going to score maybe even 2 and next thing you knew it was a double play, it happened that quickly. I remember I couldn't even envision how they turned it.

Ralph Wiggum

How did Kent not score on that ? I know Kent was a slow runner and Green played it perfectly off the wall. The booth said Kent got a late start but you can see him taking a sizable lead off 2nd. I'm guessing he got a bad read off the bat and held up ?

Whoppers97

Refugee
How did Kent not score on that ? I know Kent was a slow runner and Green played it perfectly off the wall. The booth said Kent got a late start but you can see him taking a sizable lead off 2nd. I'm guessing he got a bad read off the bat and held up ?
He must've stopped to chat with Reyes for like 5 seconds.

This play should be exhibit A on how not to run the bases.

Ford Prefect

Refugee
Not sure why Thorne said that Green didn't get a good read? From the camera angle that just looked like a line drive off the wall that was uncatchable (and then played perfectly off the wall). But perhaps that was just the camera playing tricks and it was a catchable ball off the bat and Kent was going back to tag up and that's why he got the late start? Why Drew was sent home is beyond me though. Are there any more camera angles of this play?

Goods021

Veteran Refugee
...was in Palm Springs for a business meeting; just got to hotel, turned on TV, and this play happened not five minutes later.

Damn, that Mets team was so good...

therapist

Out on parole
Was being fitted for a tuxedo rental as a 16 year old kid and had to ask to put this game on…was so pissed I had to miss the game. For my cousins wedding who eventually got divorced 😍

TheClam

Refugee
Two playoff games, the Pratt walk off and game 5 in 2000. One game was decidedly more enjoyable than the other.
I was at the Pratt game. From where I was sitting I could've sworn that ball was caught. Took me like 5 seconds to realize it was gone

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
I was at the Pratt game. From where I was sitting I could've sworn that ball was caught. Took me like 5 seconds to realize it was gone
Cable went out for me as the ball left his bat. My parents were in Brooklyn and called me to see if I was watching. I was so angry and happy at the same time.

DrGooden

Refugee
It looked like a catch from almost any angle, even TV. I didn't realize it was out until the players ran on the field . Usually see the ball bounce back up, pretty often after a homer to CF. It was like the ball landed so gently over the fence and stood there .. some type of glitch

Ralph Wiggum

I was in LF and you couldn't tell if Finley came down with it. It's funny watching it now because it was a second or two before you realize he didn't catch it. But in the moment it felt like an eternity.