2021 Around MLB thread.

Dr. K

Refugee
If Ohtani is batting and pitching tonight do the Angels lose the DH when he’s taken out of the game?

Dr. K

Refugee
Hes not a DH tonight. So the Angels aren't using a DH. Basically playing by NL rules.
Interesting. So they can decline to use the DH to keep Ohtani’s bat in the lineup on days he’s pitching. Guess you’ll need to use your bench more.

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
Cool...I'm pretty sure in his rookie year they opted in for the DH those games...guess they just figure they can pinch hit his order spot now...or maybe it's because of the extra inning rule shortening games...

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian

sross07

Veteran Refugee
Cool...I'm pretty sure in his rookie year they opted in for the DH those games...guess they just figure they can pinch hit his order spot now...or maybe it's because of the extra inning rule shortening games...
They did that the first couple years because they were being extremely cautious with him. All the training wheels are off... Maddon has been talking about this all spring.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ohtani get 450ab and throws 120ip. Then again, i won't be surprised to see him land on the IL

NERD

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I've never seen so many soft hits fall in during a series than for the Phils. Doesn't help that our bats have been cold but seeing 75 exit velo dinks repeatedly fall in is so frustrating.

DrGooden

Refugee
Couple of bench clearing incidents already, I think one of them was Reds & Cards, with the guy flexing over the pitcher on a play at the plate

Pieces fit together? Did you mean to post in the NBA thread?
take off the rose colored glasses bud. Atlanta needs serious upgrades all over the place. They’re either excellent (Acuna/Freeman) or downright awful like Riley.

bullpen is hot garbage and the pitching just isn’t elite. I’d trade Friend and/or Soroka in a heartbeat for upgrades

Also for how good Acuna is I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hit a game winning HR or even a walkoff hit. Guy is a compiler at this point in his career.

NERD

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
take off the rose colored glasses bud. Atlanta needs serious upgrades all over the place. They’re either excellent (Acuna/Freeman) or downright awful like Riley.

bullpen is hot garbage and the pitching just isn’t elite. I’d trade Friend and/or Soroka in a heartbeat for upgrades
Nice troll attempt lol nobody takes you serious.