2021 MLB Postseason Thread

Dr. K

Refugee
Also hard to see a WS that isn’t Rays vs. Giants. They’re both arguably the clear best teams in each league. Would make for a fascinating fall classic.

You > Valent

Future POBO
god, i hate that graphic so much. i don't want to root for any of those teams. i guess i gotta root for the runner-up Rays, who will never win a WS. Giants winning would be awful. they aren't a feel good team. they make no sense, and they've won 3 times this fuckin decade. fuck them

Joey Dirt

Hopes Community College Can Compare
Is it weird the giants won like 105 games and I still don’t think they are good ?

the Braves/brewers have no business being playoff teams

cardinals have superstars at least but they’ll probably get steam rolled by LA.

just not many good teams in the NL this year

Joey Dirt

Hopes Community College Can Compare
1 I obviously hope the Red Sox knock out the yankees

but if the Dodgers don’t come out of the NL there’s basically no reason to watch the World Series. Any AL team will stomp anyone not named the Dodgers

robardin

Older East Asian dude seeing both sides
Part of me wants to see the White Sox win the WS to annoy Cubs fans

But that would mean Reinsdorf gets validated with hauling Tony LaRussa out of mothballs, which so many of us ridiculed last off-season

Maybe the Mets should chase down Joe Torre then?

Other "don't care if they win" teams would be the Rays (sure, whatever, finally, good for them, they still won't sell out their ballpark) and either Californian team (they're almost equally insufferable and remote from NYC)

Tampa over SF would be my ideal WS

You > Valent

Future POBO
every potential narrative for this postseason is nauseating.

-Yankees, Red Sox, or Cardinals - self explanitory.

-Braves - "resilience" "they overcame the loss of wife beater Ozuna, Acuna, Ian Anderson, blah blah" with a side of "lolmets."

-Astros will come out with a massive completely undeserved "we told you" chip on their shoulder like they weren't proven to be cheating. "Everyone was down on us..." yeah, no shit.

-Dodgers basically becoming the new evil empire before our eyes (i STILL don't hate the Dodgers and genuinely like a lot of their players)

-White Sox loaded with talent, but Tony LaRussa, that old scamp, getting most of the talking points and credit.

-Brewers aren't gonna win, so it doesn't even matter. there's really nothing there.

-Rays would be nice, but even they're starting to become annoying with the "they pay $5 and somehow winnnnn" shit. it's like those "feel good" stories about kids who sell blood to help with their mother's cancer bills. We're reporting on that all wrong.

-Giants - "no one picked us... b/c we have zero fuckin business having this many wins" and they've won more than anyone recently. bunch of old fucks having career seasons. pure bullshit.

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
Id bump brewers up to please win, beer is cool

and they have cool uniforms and never win

and maybe it means stearns will be like "my job is done here" :g

You > Valent

Future POBO
i genuinely don't care if the Braves win. I'll keep up my opinion that all of our division "rivalries" are overblown b/c we're a joke organization who has never competed for stretches of time. i like Freddie Freeman a lot. the Nats winning has had no reverberating effect on any of us. it doesn't even matter. i find them more tolerable than most of the teams in that bracket. and i can even argue that a NL East team winning might light an even bigger fire under SteveCo's ass... but they aren't even winning a round, so who gives a shit

Dr. K

Refugee
Call me crazy but I’m rooting for the Giants in the NL. They’re like the anti-Dodgers in that they’re doing it with cast-offs and journeymen. They’re also a very good team that plays fundamentally sound baseball. Anyone that says they’re not a good team clearly hasn’t watched them at all this year. They’re built for a deep run.

I also think the Rays are ripe for an upset against the Red Sox/Yankees winner. Hard to play a division team in a short 5 game series. Or they could sweep and move on. Neither outcome would surprise me.

The Brewers are overrated. Losing Devin Williams to the wall is a big loss for them.

Also gonna be cool to see the kids from the White Sox on the big stage. Hope Roberts breaks out.

Dr. K

Refugee
I’m also in favor of the wild card game being a best of three and the division round being a best of seven. Makes it harder for a WC team to make a deep run because you’ve likely used two of your best SPs for the WC round.

CatchTheRisingStars

Veteran Refugee
Call me crazy but I’m rooting for the Giants in the NL. They’re like the anti-Dodgers in that they’re doing it with cast-offs and journeymen. They’re also a very good team that plays fundamentally sound baseball. Anyone that says they’re not a good team clearly hasn’t watched them at all this year. They’re built for a deep run.
Yeah but fuck the Giants

You > Valent

Future POBO
i don't necessarily like seeing superteams win, but i also don't get romantic about "castoffs and journeymen." i can't get into the whole "remember this guy we all thoght fuckin sucked? ... good for him!" then again guys like David Ross or Brock Holt getting a ton of credit while playing besides multiple superstars always annoys me too.

Beams

Veteran Refugee
I just realized that if the Rays win the WS, the city of Tampa will have won the championship for each of their major sports teams this past year. Has that ever happened to any city ever?

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
I think it’s wide open. No winner would surprise me. That said, I’m picking the Rays.

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
I just realized that if the Rays win the WS, the city of Tampa will have won the championship for each of their major sports teams this past year. Has that ever happened to any city ever?
I think Philly came the closest in 80 with all 4 teams making it to their respective finals. But only one team won.

MSUMet85

OFFICIAL BANDWAGON RANKINGS

Please win tier:

Rays

Fine, I’ll allow it tier:
White Sox
Brewers
Red Sox

Ok now you’re pushing it tier:
Dodgers
Giants
Astros