2021 MLB Postseason Thread

Dr. K

Refugee
This is why replay sucks. That ball clearly hit the ground. If you’re going to have replay, get it right.

sross07

Veteran Refugee
"That's not a reviewable play" should be limited only to "did a sliding player break contact with the bag on a molecular level so we can find a way to call them out."
I think they should go the other way. Get rid of this shitty system completely.

JPSchmack

HOF'er Who Needs To Retire
Administrator
Well, I'm said it a couple hundred times, but just get a second home plate ump, who sits in the ump lockerroom in a comfy chair with a fuckload of screens and a mic to the third base ump's earpiece. He's the Video Umpire, and anything close, he just watches the screens and gives the 3B Ump the correct call.

He's in home plate ump gear so if the actual HP ump has to come out of the game, there isn't a 20-minute delay while someone else puts the HP gear on.

Fred Snow

Juan Negra
Well, I'm said it a couple hundred times, but just get a second home plate ump, who sits in the ump lockerroom in a comfy chair with a fuckload of screens and a mic to the third base ump's earpiece. He's the Video Umpire, and anything close, he just watches the screens and gives the 3B Ump the correct call.

He's in home plate ump gear so if the actual HP ump has to come out of the game, there isn't a 20-minute delay while someone else puts the HP gear on.
Nah an ear piece sounds way too expensive, time consuming and impractical. Just keep lugging out the WWI communication equipment onto the field.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
Counsell is just gonna let Ashby finish their season and not use Burnes or Hader in this game isn't he
haha, you are clearly a Mets fan…most teams don’t think a game is over when it’s tied in the 6th inning