2021 MLB Postseason Thread

JPSchmack

HOF'er Who Needs To Retire
Administrator
I'm gonna root for the Dodgers, so their executives feel like they accomplished their mission and want the next challenge....

SodaPopinski

Refugee
if the mets aren't in the playoffs (lol), i usually pull for any team that hasn't won in a long time. love a good deprived fanbase going apeshit for a special playoff run

obviously not rooting for the braves, and of the 4 other remaining teams, the lovable astros have the longest ws drought dating all the way back to 2017

RyanChurch

Refugee
if the mets aren't in the playoffs (lol), i usually pull for any team that hasn't won in a long time. love a good deprived fanbase going apeshit for a special playoff run

obviously not rooting for the braves, and of the 4 other remaining teams, the lovable astros have the longest ws drought dating all the way back to 2017
giants?

Dr. K

Refugee
This is headed towards an LCS revenge tour. Atlanta vs. LA / Houston vs. Boston.

Can the Braves and Houston get revenge? If it was a Dodgers/Astros WS I would definitely watch for the rivalry factor.

robardin

Older East Asian dude seeing both sides
I would root for either of Dodgers/Giants > Braves, obviously. That's the only team left I have a really active dislike for, since all through the end of July I thought the Mets were better than them (that, and that goddamn tomahawk chop thing)

And Red Sox > Astros, because fuck the Astros... But que sera sera.

If it came down to a Dodgers/Giants vs. Red Sox WS, ... I don't really care who wins very much.

"Dodgers may as well repeat" is one attitude, but they somehow recovered from losing Bauer to gaining not just Max Scherzer but also Trea Turner (and may well end up extending Trea Turner) and that kind of pisses me off

"Underdog Giants written off in the spring, full of 35+ year old veterans, plus Wilmer Flores" winning the WS would be kind of a fun angle

Red Sox winning would annoy Yankees fans

So in the end, I'd root for Giants > Red Sox > Dodgers >> Astros >>> Braves

But not enough to stay up until 1AM watching the NLDS elimination game tonight

ezee

[Title removed by Racist Police]
Giants solely for Wilmer

if they lose, then I hope a meteor hits each stadium

or the Astros

You > Valent

Future POBO
i just can't get on board with a team that has won 3x in recent years just because our former 8th best player is on it. I also hate teams that i don't think should be good that are good. i, being one of the nation's top baseball minds, refuse at accept that the Giants roster is a 107 win world series champ. i'll take the repeat Dodgers 100x out of 100. ... then the Dodger officially join the "ok, enough of you, fuck off" list.

GrittyandGutty

Politics Pelf
i'm 1000% rooting for the dodgers over the giants.

the giants being good annoys me because I'm jealous of what they did this year.

the giants/braves is a disaster NLCS. I'll be mad if either team wins.

Fred Snow

Juan Negra
Maybe the Giants I'll pull for over the Braves but I don't think I've ever had this much disinterest in a postseason before in my life.

You > Valent

Future POBO
let's keep in mind that if a NL East team wins the world series, it will have almost zero impact on our "1.66 playoff appearances every decade on average" baseball team.

DoctorEvil

Refugee
let's keep in mind that if a NL East team wins the world series, it will have almost zero impact on our "1.66 playoff appearances every decade on average" baseball team.
The further the Braves go, the more money they make, some of which they may or may not pump into their payroll next year.

Last edited: