30 for 30: Once Upon a Time In Queens - IGT

MoMoneyMoProblems

The Jewish Wilt Chamberlain
Who would think this guy was knocking on deaths door?!?

I thought he looked good!

I paid for an autograph, and thanked him for the happiest moment of my childhood.

Tremendous regret...

20190228_120732.jpg

MoMoneyMoProblems

The Jewish Wilt Chamberlain
That would have been funny like 30 years ago.
Literally no one else wanted his autograph. Look at the picture. He was just standing there. It was a spur of the moment thing and all my brain thought when I rounded the corner was 'Holy shit! It's freaking Billy Buckner, and I'm wearing my Mets hat! I need to say something to him!'

My mom died of Parkinson's. Trust me, after I heard how he died like a month later I felt like shit about it, and still do. It was a dumb thing to do.

Literally no one else wanted his autograph. Look at the picture. He was just standing there. It was a spur of the moment thing and all my brain thought when I rounded the corner was 'Holy shit! It's freaking Billy Buckner, and I'm wearing my Mets hat! I need to say something to him!'

My mom died of Parkinson's. Trust me, after I heard how he died like a month later I felt like shit about it, and still do. It was a dumb thing to do.
I mean, you could have said something like, "you were a great ballplayer. Fuck 86." Whether you believe it or not.

MJB

King of QB/WR Horseplay

I know you didn’t mean it and wouldn’t have said anything had you known he was sick.

I just mean In general, the Mets jokes had to be brutal for this guy over the years when he wasn’t even the one who blew the game.

SodaPopinski

Refugee
I know you didn’t mean it and wouldn’t have said anything had you known he was sick.

I just mean In general, the Mets jokes had to be brutal for this guy over the years when he wasn’t even the one who blew the game.
seriously. it would be like seeing Maculey Culkin on the street and yelling “home alone boy!” at him

what exactly was your end game with that interaction?

Reactions: MJB

MJB

King of QB/WR Horseplay
Finally burned through this entire thing last night. Really enjoyed it. It was funny how much of the footage was right from the old A Year to Remember vhs I had as a kid. I was like 3 when this happened and makes me sad I couldn't appreciate it at the time.

Some of the footage they had was awesome, following Mookie into the clubhouse after Game 6 etc.

Funky Boobster

Still Strokes His Mom's Pussy
Any chance this gets released on Blu ray ? Also this was much better than the last dance
1) God I hope so. I want to own this.

2) That's debatable. Last Dance was amazing. And this coming from someone who despised the Bulls back in the 90's. I hadda live that shit everyday in this city. Watching front runners wearing 23 all over Manhattan. I had friends in their early teens who claimed to be Bulls fans all their lives. What lives?? You're a fuckin fetus. Just admit you follow the Bulls cause of God Jordan. Made me sick having to swallow that shit every year. I think if you're a Bulls fan, you say Last Dance was better. But ask Mets fans like you and I, you're likely to get a different opinion.

Bottom line is I aint owning Last Dance even though I enjoyed it. But I will own this if it ever does get released on disc. Fo sho. :-O

It is funny, 'cause it doesn't exactly look like a no-doubt HR off the bat; he wasn't a power guy at that point in his career (good power for a leadoff guy, but that's it), and he even lets go of the bat. But it was in a great spot and he swung through it perfectly.

Lenny's HR in Fenway leading off Game 3 of the WS was also huge, coming in down 2-0 in the series. And another case of pulling it into the perfect spot, near the shallow Pesky Pole.

It is funny, 'cause it doesn't exactly look like a no-doubt HR off the bat; he wasn't a power guy at that point in his career (good power for a leadoff guy, but that's it), and he even lets go of the bat. But it was in a great spot and he swung through it perfectly.

Lenny's HR in Fenway leading off Game 3 of the WS was also huge, coming in down 2-0 in the series. And another case of pulling it into the perfect spot, near the shallow Pesky Pole.
i forget what anniversary of '86 it was - 25th or 30th...but Lenny was in the stands and they had him mic'd up for an inning and Ron asked him about the game 3 lead off HR. He said, "Lenny, were you trying to do that?" "oh, absolutely. I wanted to take the crowd right out of it, so I went up there and wrapped one around the foul pole." Ron and Keith were fucking dying over that phrase "wrapped one around the foul pole."