Anyone have any hope left?

Pbnj

Refugee
Nope. I ordered that fucking sports crate thing, I haven't gotten 1 box, and the season is over.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I mean

They're a 5 game winning streak away from everyone being positive

It's too early to give up

But they're pretty shitty right now

Shitface

Refugee
I do. I have hope that the truth of this terrible existence is finally revealed to me and I can stop coming to a toxic mets message board as part of my daily dose of drugs.

Ballpark_Frankx

Bunting for Backman
It feels a lot like 2003 when David and Jose were just arriving on the scene and there was not much to really play for but to see these guys develop. If they followed this script, I might not be nearly as pissed that they're throwing away a year.

METS LEGIONS

It’s good to be the fantasy drama queen
I mean

They're a 5 game winning streak away from everyone being positive

It's too early to give up

But they're pretty shitty right now
5 game winning streak lol
they not capable of doing that unless divine intervention plays into it

season done

ugottaBelieve

A woman’s flesh is my canvas
I want to watch Conforto maybe have an awesome season.

I want to watch Dom and Rosario in September.

I want to find out Thor is alive before the season ends so I know he'll be there next year.

But as for the team making a run at the playoffs? We need to somehow trade for at minimum one starter and one reliever without spending our future, and get Matz and Lugo back effective. (such as bring up Rosario and Smith now and trade Duda to an AL team for pitching, and hope Dom can cut it in the majors.)

deGrom, Wheeler, ?, Matz, Harvey

Milone, Lugo, ?, added to the bullpen.

NOT HAPPENING

Metfan1971

Tuloooooooooooo
Let's suppose that by the end of June

1)deGom, and Harvey are pitching like deGom and Harvey,
2) Matz is healthy and pitching like Matz
3) between Wheeler, Milone, Lugo, and Gsellman the Mets can cobble together a 4/5 who can keep them in games

Then, the quality and innings they'd get out of deGrom, Harvey, and Matz would protect the pen from having the dead arms they obviously have now.

With that set of circumstances, I could see the team start climbing out that f the hole, and when Syndergaard came back, they might have a good run in them.

The problem is that I'm a Mets fan, so if you ask if it's more likely that both Harvey and deGrom are washed up before 30 than it is that they'll bounce back, I pick the more miserable, painful outcome as more likely. The team is like the living embodiment of Born Under a Bad Sign - "if I didn't have real bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all."

ewing33yes

Refugee
I have no choice , but to not give up. What the hell do I supposed to watch every night for the next 4 months? And I mean that very seriously

jamieturbo

Veteran Refugee
they have a million injuries, the worst pitching in baseball, the worst running discipline ever seen, and the majority of a lineup that is hitting under .250 - we could be buried by the end of the month.

lstorie1971

Veteran Refugee
they have a million injuries, the worst pitching in baseball, the worst running discipline ever seen, and the majority of a lineup that is hitting under .250 - we could be buried by the end of the month.
But, we can get healthy, the pitching isn't that bad despite their performances, and we'll score our fair share of runs. I think we can make a run.

metzol

My helmet brings all the boys to MR
A Mets season over in May. Ahhh, just like slipping into a pair of favorite slippers.

MG5

Fucking Frazier
It is still early. And they have managed to put together some stretches of good play (that they then undo with terrible play) despite the injuries. They are pretty unlikeable though

Bobbyv13

Veteran Refugee
Commiserating with a fellow fan that teaches at my daughters school this morning. Told him mid June is my cut-off. Not giving up yet.

MJB

King of QB/WR Horseplay
Definitely am not throwing in the towel but things are looking grim.

And who am I kidding I'll still be watching no matter what.

metzol

My helmet brings all the boys to MR
They still haven't won since Flores botched that double play last week.