Arbitration Projections

sross07

Veteran Refugee
The Mets have so much payroll committed already. It will be so interesting what the new front office does. There is no clear path forward with this off season

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
The Mets have so much payroll committed already. It will be so interesting what the new front office does. There is no clear path forward with this off season
Yea...the roster seems really broken...you either need to burn it to the ground or bring everyone back and add bigly...you can't just run back the same team (with a few additions and subtractions) and expect anyone to be happy.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
yeah, Luchessi is gonna be out for basically the entire season, so no reason to tender him a contract

Trevor Williams would be a good guy to have around, but not at almost $4 mil

the other guys are basically replacement level players so who cares

BennySammy

we gotta get outta paying diaz 10m

way too much
I think the way we can move him is to take on another teams contract that they're trying to shed...like make a trade with Minny where we get Donaldson and they get Diaz+...not saying that's the whole trade, but the only way we move Diaz is by taking on a burdensome contract

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
I think the way we can move him is to take on another teams contract that they're trying to shed...like make a trade with Minny where we get Donaldson and they get Diaz+...not saying that's the whole trade, but the only way we move Diaz is by taking on a burdensome contract
No, this is dumb. He’s not making THAT much. Some team will bite and think they can fix him going into his walk year that we shouldn’t have to take on a shitty contract. In fact, I’d expect something of value back for him.

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
The top closer on the market Raisel Iglesias will get over $10m a year so I’m not sure why we’re alarmed by $10m for Diaz
Because we’ve done this 3 times already and been burned 2/3. He’s not an elite closer, at least here, and he can’t pitch in any other spot because he sucks when it’s not a save situation. It’s 10 mil that can be better spent elsewhere.

BennySammy

trading for Donaldson is trading for value...I'm not suggesting trading him for Miguel Cabrera or Justin Upton

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
I’d much rather move on. There’s 2 outcomes here if he stays. He’s terrible or he’s lights out. I’m almost more afraid of option 2 because then we’ll be almost obligated to offer him a big deal and surely that’ll work out well.

nyrfan0815

Jeff Wilpon
yeah, Luchessi is gonna be out for basically the entire season, so no reason to tender him a contract

Trevor Williams would be a good guy to have around, but not at almost $4 mil

the other guys are basically replacement level players so who cares
Yeah I like Williams in that swing role but they will probably try to find someone to do it for cheaper

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
New plan, sign Thor to a 5 year deal but make him go the John Smoltz route. Next year he's the closer and works his way back into the rotation the following year! Problem solved!!!

Fred Snow

Juan Negra
Its insane to think that Cano had a higher OPS in 2019 than more than half of our projected starting lineup this year. Fucking disgrace.

bobniborg

bobniborg
Is Cano overpaid? Yes. Was it a terrible trade? Yes. Might Cano be more valuable to this team than most think? Yes.
He should not play 2nd, but 3rd, dh and the fill in at second seems fine to me. It seems like his presence in the clubhouse was good.

BennySammy

Is Cano overpaid? Yes. Was it a terrible trade? Yes. Might Cano be more valuable to this team than most think? Yes.
He should not play 2nd, but 3rd, dh and the fill in at second seems fine to me. It seems like his presence in the clubhouse was good.
this is the situation nearly exactly...I don't know about him playing 3rd, but everything else is true