Brett Baty AA Watch

dptydwg420

Not to be confused with BlazeKing420
lesssgoooo

he keeps this up at AA then he does jump over Mauricio imo (in meaningless rankings)

metsfan2323

The thing that impresses me most in that video of Baty's triple is his running. He moves pretty good for a big guy.

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian
And iirc, many scouts thought he was the best high school hitter coming out yet he was knocked on draft day for being slightly older for his class. He was all of 19. It’s not like the kid was mimicking Billy Madison. Thanks MLB!

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
Looks like Baty is in LF again tonight. Vientos is also at AA obviously but he's injured at the moment

egelband

Refugee
I am probably in the minority but I love contact hitters. One of the most frustrating things is watching these guys strike out trying to Jack every ball. I’m sure there’s a logic to it but when we’re losing by one and can’t get that lead off double in, I pull out my hair.

metsfan2323

I am probably in the minority but I love contact hitters. One of the most frustrating things is watching these guys strike out trying to Jack every ball. I’m sure there’s a logic to it but when we’re losing by one and can’t get that lead off double in, I pull out my hair.
Yes it's become a league of Dave Kingman's.. Apparently Kong was way ahead of his time.

I miss the Rusty Staub approach.

Blustery Striation

She's only a HALF-Sister
We really only need one of those in the lineup as long as he is a masher and we have that in Pete. Ideally, if we can surround Pete with a bunch of contact and OBP guys like Nimmo, McNeil, Lindor (when he’s actually Lindor) and Baty I think we’d be quite scary.

PATTYMAZEIKAFAN

Keith Law-

43. Brett Baty, 3B, New York Mets
Baty crushed high-A pitching to a .309/.397/.514 line before a promotion last week to Double A, and I think that line doesn’t even reflect how much raw power he has. He’s also slimmed down a little bit and looks like he’s more than capable of staying at third base, as he was visibly lighter on his feet and he’s always had the arm for it. He’s 21 now and young for his level for the first time in his career, which will probably tell us just how advanced his bat is, but I think there’s 30 homers in here when he reaches his peak.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
Really interested to see how the organization moves Baty/Mauricio/Vientos around defensively.
Seems like right now Baty and Vientos are basically swapping playing 3B and LF each night. Smart move to make each of them more versatile depending on how things shake out with trades and the big league roster

Knight Ray

Refugee
Seems like right now Baty and Vientos are basically swapping playing 3B and LF each night. Smart move to make each of them more versatile depending on how things shake out with trades and the big league roster
I guess Mauricio is strictly SS at this point?