Cano playing Winter ball

Bobbyv13

Veteran Refugee
Only way this works here at all is if there is a DH. Wonder what kind of prospect you could get from an AL team if you ate his entire salary?

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
Only way this works here at all is if there is a DH. Wonder what kind of prospect you could get from an AL team if you ate his entire salary?
he has the NTC....it's so annoying how much power Cano still has over his contract after being suspended for an entire season by MLB

BennySammy

I'm not Team Bob and I'd love if we can get his salary off the team's payroll, but I also don't think he's as terrible as some people here think he is...as a DH, there's a chance he could be really good...I know there are people that are gonna be like, "He can't hit without the juice!", and I roll my eyes at them...he wasn't putting up Barry Bonds numbers or anything like that in 2020...the guy can still swing the bat...I'd have more confidence in Cano swinging a good bat than I would Dom Smith at this point

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
I'm not Team Bob and I'd love if we can get his salary off the team's payroll, but I also don't think he's as terrible as some people here think he is...as a DH, there's a chance he could be really good...I know there are people that are gonna be like, "He can't hit without the juice!", and I roll my eyes at them...he wasn't putting up Barry Bonds numbers or anything like that in 2020...the guy can still swing the bat...I'd have more confidence in Cano swinging a good bat than I would Dom Smith at this point
He went from a .736 OPS in 2019 to close to a .900 OPS in 2020 and he's going to be 39 years old.

I'd almost guarantee he'll be closer to 2019 and probably worse. He's washed

BennySammy

He went from a .736 OPS in 2019 to close to a .900 OPS in 2020 and he's going to be 39 years old.

I'd almost guarantee he'll be closer to 2019 and probably worse. He's washed
he switched leagues in 2019...we'll see...I think he can still be a pretty good bat...he can't be more than a DH though

robardin

Older East Asian dude seeing both sides
Our offense collapsed without him. Maybe he is more valuable than some think?

Team Bob
Yeah, maybe he was the real secret ingredient behind the 2019 and 2020 offensive surge from McNeil and Smith!

I mean, those guys are all lefty hitters....

And Conforto too, dang. Maybe Cano took some kind of lefty hitting talisman from the clubhouse with him

Just bring it back, Robbie, and pour one out for Jobu in apology

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
even if robinson cannot is a secret left handed batter whisperer, and maybe he is, hes still waaaaaaaay overpaid

that being said i hope he roids it up and mashes so we get some value out of that deal

BennySammy

oh yeah, regardless if you think he'd OPS at .700 or at .850, he is still grossly overpaid...not even Nelson Cruz is making $24 mil a year, and that would be the absolute peak of what we could hope from Cano as a DH

BennySammy

and realistically, that one half is the only time he's hit that poorly in his entire career

dude can hit...there shouldn't be anyone denying it

should he be the starting 2nd baseman? fuck no...is he worth $24 mil? fuck no...but he can hit

MAJERATI

Banned
Super Moderator
He has about 600 PA as a Met. He sucked the first 250. He’s been close to a 900 OPS the last 350. He’s old and been out a year but he’s juicing and a HOF level hitter who has a chip on his shoulder now. I bet he hits

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
I'm not rehashing this conversation again

If you guys would like to make a bet about his numbers next year I'm open for it though!