Cano playing Winter ball

millertyme44

Yea age+lack of steroids I think you guys are way too easily discounting the idea he falls off a cliff to like a 650 OPS.
Not everyone is Nelson Cruz (most arent)

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
ok, let's at least give Cano his at bats in this winter league before we write him off

the guy is a professional hitter...he'll continue to hit

BennySammy

Either he comes back nice and juiced, ready to produce at the DH

or he gets caught yet again and he’s officially history. I’m ok with either or.
if we're choosing one or the other, I'd take him getting busted every time...as much as I think Cano can actually produce with his bat, it'd be much better to get that $24 mil off the payroll over the next two seasons

ager4evr

Refugee
He's gonna be here anyway so we may as well do everything possible to get something out of him. Make sure Jobu never runs out of rum, sacrifice virgin chickens, play in a winter baseball league, wear women's underwear, anything.

BennySammy

Or- Option C.

He stays clean and collects his 48 million... And has an OPS of 650
I don't know about taking the .800+ OPS bet, but I'll definitely take a bet with anyone that thinks he'll OPS at .650

Joey Dirt

Hopes Community College Can Compare
Does anyone think cano is actually gonna stay healthy?

Cheating maybe he can be a decent bat. Like at best .775 ops

Pretty sure you can find a better DH in seconds. If he plays the field .. you might as well not watch the 2022 season

But if he’s the DH.. he could give you a .750-.775 ops . But chances are that’ll be in like 250-300 at bats because he’s gonna be fucking 39 playing after a full season off

BennySammy

Pretty sure you can find a better DH in seconds. If he plays the field .. you might as well not watch the 2022 season

But if he’s the DH.. he could give you a .750-.775 ops . But chances are that’ll be in like 250-300 at bats because he’s gonna be fucking 39 playing after a full season off
even if he's Nelson Cruz as a DH, he's still not worth $24 mil...that's the biggest issue

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee

The issue is penciling him in. If he’s a bench bat then that’s fine, but if you’re actively not improving either 3B, 2B, or DH because you’re counting in Cano you’re already fucking the offseason.

BennySammy

they should make a rule where if we still have to pay Cano that he doesn't count against our luxury tax payroll

we need something for continuing to employ a twice suspended loser!

Metsmerized

Refugee
Hopefully getting back on the gear, too. @MAJERATI has mentioned it many times. Cano has made it through his career for years getting popped here and there but not consistently. He should try again, IMO.

Look at this guy O'Neill from St Louis. I am fully in favor of guys taking steroids to improve performance and durability. It's clear as day that man is jacked on steroids and I have no problem with it.

bobniborg

bobniborg
I'd hope they convince Cano to play mostly third so they can resign Baez. Cano shifts to second when Lindor or Baez are resting/metsing (aka injured).

I expect cano's bat to not be good, like his first 250 PAs because he had a year off and isn't juicing. But his presenceay be all we need. Imagine this board without it's Bob. That's the mess Bob left the Mets in.

delgado_tongue