Cano playing Winter ball

I would at least hope that the trade for Baez (and assuming they're going to make a good attempt at signing him?) signifies that they are not counting on Cano at 2B at the very least.

Lot of variables still play though of course. Is the DH locked in for next year or no?

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
I would at least hope that the trade for Baez (and assuming they're going to make a good attempt at signing him?) signifies that they are not counting on Cano at 2B at the very least.

Lot of variables still play though of course. Is the DH locked in for next year or no?
Not officially yet, it'll be part of CBA negotiations, but everyone says that both sides actually agree on the universal DH.

This is part of why I hated the Cano deal originally too - it was always obvious he wouldn't be able to stick at 2B and he already wasn't good his first year here there. Even if you stick him at DH, I want the DH to be a big .850-.900 OPS bat. I'm not at all convinced that Cano is capable of doing that anymore. The offseason will suck ass if they end up with Cano as a primary DH option.

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
I don't know what that says but it's actually a great representation of me aside from the candle in my ass

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
I'm generally handsome with a great jawline, fantastic hair, and a large nose

Any chance he get busted for being on the gear in winter ball? Could we be that lucky?
There is no regular drug testing in the LIDOM......though the MLB could always surprise Cano with a drug test when he gets back to the states.

Thats what happened to Jennry Mejia the 2nd time he got busted. Played well for the Toros del Este in the LIDOM......and got tested/busted the moment he came back to the US

sross07

Veteran Refugee
There is no regular drug testing in the LIDOM......though the MLB could always surprise Cano with a drug test when he gets back to the states.

Thats what happened to Jennry Mejia the 2nd time he got busted. Played well for the Toros del Este in the LIDOM......and got tested/busted the moment he came back to the US
actually, MLB can test cano in two ways. First, there is the random, unannounced off season program where players need to register their locations with the league. Second, and specific to Cano's case because he failed a test, is the follow up testing program.

Off-Season Testing: All Players shall be subject to random, unannounced testing for the use of Prohibited Substances during the off-season. Players are responsible for providing Drug Free Sport International (hereinafter “Drug Free Sport”) with: (i) accurate off-season contact and location information (e.g., phone numbers and addresses); (ii) the dates they will not be available for testing during the off-season; and (iii) the reasons for their unavailability.
A Player who has tested positive for a Prohibited Substance, or has otherwise violated the Program through the use, possession, distribution, or sale of a Prohibited Substance, shall be subject to mandatory follow-up testing. The number of mandatory follow-up tests shall be determined by MLHPAC. Follow-up testing shall be in addition to any testing conducted pursuant to Sections 5.A and 5.B above. If a Player tests positive for a Prohibited Substance in any followup test, he will be subject to the discipline set forth in Section 8.
Here's to hoping!