Conforto to Reject Qualifying Offer

Ralph Wiggum

Note to self: Coleslaw
Nice knowing you Mike, thanks for the disappointing season, hopefully your free agency is just as disappointing for you.

You > Valent

Future POBO
talk shit, he's gonna be on every "best signings of the offseason" list when he gets a weak 3 year deal from someone

MJN29

Veteran Refugee
Was expecting this but disagree that it’s a good thing for the Mets. Hopefully though

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
he'll get a contract for more than $20 mil...some team will probably give him 2 years for between $30-$40 and have an option year for a 3rd year...it could be a steal...he had a down year in 2021, but he's typically good for a 3-4 WAR

there's no way he doesn't get a contract offer though...I'd say he's still a top 30 OF in baseball

BennySammy

Can someone refresh my mind, are there any restrictions on us signing him after he hits the open market.
I don't think so....players accepting the QO has only been a trend in recent years...previously, no one ever accepted QO, but you'd always see players sign back with their old teams

BennySammy

yeah, just looking at this season, Realmuto and LeMehieu both rejected the QO but ending up signing back with their teams...I'm sure if there's no market for Conforto or he's getting offers of $15 mil a season, the Mets will probably re-sign him....from what everyone with any kind of inside information has shared on this board, the Mets love Michael Conforto

FONZIE993

Troll?
yeah, just looking at this season, Realmuto and LeMehieu both rejected the QO but ending up signing back with their teams...I'm sure if there's no market for Conforto or he's getting offers of $15 mil a season, the Mets will probably re-sign him....from what everyone with any kind of inside information has shared on this board, the Mets love Michael Conforto
Thanks Benny.

BennySammy

So, we are going to have THREE 1st round picks. That's a nice way to start rebuilding the farm.
unfortunately, doesn't work like that...we're the only team that would have to give up a 1st round pick because we have two...every other team gets a pick between the 1st and 2nd round and would only have to give up their 2nd round pick

He's going to get a lot more than people think IMO. Probably like a 2 for 45 or 3 for 60. Guess we should have taken Trea Turner instead!

Supremedawg

Making Refugees Great Again
Administrator
He'll get somewhere around 4/100-5/120 mil IMO. I don't think he gets a Springer type contract but just under.

BennySammy

He'll get somewhere around 4/100-5/120 mil IMO. I don't think he gets a Springer type contract but just under.
you think so? that seems like a bit much after his 2021 season...I can't see anyone committing $100+ mil for Michael Conforto right now