Damn, Marcus ...

joedabum

This is exactly what Bill Veeck (as in wreck) wanted all those years ago. Free agency. Players free to move about the cabin, to sell their wares to the highest bidder. Can't argue. It's business.

Supremedawg

Making Refugees Great Again
Administrator
Much ado about nothing. What's he supposed to say, I don't wanna play there? If asked about any team he probably would have pretty much said the same thing.

Last edited:

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian
He’s going to be in high demand. Going to get a lot more than I originally thought. $100m for sure

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian
If Steve were here ya gotta wonder if we’d gotten Harper and Realmuto as well. Phillies made out well while the Pons slept

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
Everyone is going to be interested. I want him back here more than anyone but I have my doubts it’s gonna happen. The media has dragged him and he’s had words with more than one in Twitter. Plus our team might be a mess and not worth it.

The Angels are gonna offer a ridiculous contract too.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
He's gonna get 120-140. Easy.
I think that goes without saying...he'll get at least a 6 or 7 years and $20 mil a year would be at the low end...I'm thinking he'll end up signing a 6 year deal at $150 with option years

sross07

Veteran Refugee
It might be a blessing long term, but this team is a mess. Being in a situation where you have to out bid teams at 5 or 6 years for 31yr old starter is bad.

I still have no idea what to do with this team.

I am leaning toward QOs to Conforto and Thor. Short term but over paying for Stroman. Then signing a 3b and LF who don't cost picks and exploring the trade market to add more depth to the farm. Also adding releivers on short term deals

Basically running it back and hoping that we are adding flexibility for like 2 or 3 yrs from now

But yeesh. Maybe blow it up.

BennySammy

but one thing that might bring Stroman's value down is that even though he started a bunch of games this year, he typically didn't go very deep into the game...would a team be willing to pay $25 mil a year to a starter that could only give you 5-6 IP per start? he'll give you quality innings, but

Kraft4Prez

Gossip Girl
Hopefully we're beyond the days of losing quality players over money. I'm not someone who thinks we're going to have a 300 million dollar payroll every year, but a starting pitcher of Stroman's quality needs to be secured.

Also, Stroman is entertaining as fuck to watch and seems like a great teammate. I've never seen a pitcher so active on the bench during their off days. He's always on the top step and running out on to the field to celebrate shit.

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
but one thing that might bring Stroman's value down is that even though he started a bunch of games this year, he typically didn't go very deep into the game...would a team be willing to pay $25 mil a year to a starter that could only give you 5-6 IP per start? he'll give you quality innings, but
Which pitchers go deep into game? The few that do will make $35M AAV going forward.

Kraft4Prez

Gossip Girl
I think that's kind of a common trend right now. Stroman was 25th in IP this year. I was looking at someone else's game logs just the other day maybe Cole? And I was like jesus, this guy never goes more than 6 innings?

BennySammy

I think that's kind of a common trend right now. Stroman was 25th in IP this year. I was looking at someone else's game logs just the other day maybe Cole? And I was like jesus, this guy never goes more than 6 innings?
25th in IP but 1st in Games Started