Least Fun Season I Can Remember

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
Every game is like a deGrom game...nothing is fun...victories are overly painful...losses are torture...fuck this season forever.

You > Valent

Come @ me bro
we've gone over this. someone is gonna come in here and name some obscure season like 04 or something, or some shit in the 90s when half the board didn't even really give a fuck about baseball b/c they were using training wheels. every bad mets season always had a few narratives. this one had a 2 month deGrom immortal storyline and then nothing. the first place shit was fake from day 1. this is the worst. we might as well be 20 under.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
Having a shitty offense will do this...no comeback wins, no walkoffs, no big home runs.

You > Valent

Come @ me bro
this is pretty much why i haven't even bothered going to a game. i can't fathom sitting there right now knowing i have to turn around and get on two trains or even worse, drive back to Jersey after this.

Willie777

I hate how drawn out this all is...just can Rojas tonight...put him out of his misery.

Willie777

this is pretty much why i haven't even bothered going to a game. i can't fathom sitting there right now knowing i have to turn around and get on two trains or even worse, drive back to Jersey after this.
I went to one game this year...beautiful night, amped crowd...they got stomped by Springer and the Blue Jays 10-3...and that is the last time the team was any kind of good.

Bod Rarajas

moderate italian salumi
In the seasons I’ve watched, 2009 is the only one that I can recall being worse. This is misery incarnate

code

Happier than the Pillsbury Doughboy on his way to
Just glad football and fantasy football started so I can stop being angry about these GLCs.

Willie777

In the seasons I’ve watched, 2009 is the only one that I can recall being worse. This is misery incarnate
At least in 09 they got buried early...I was mentally done with this team after the west coast beat down...yet somehow, the fact they were 'close' to the playoffs has kept us watching this snuff film.

FONZIE993

Troll?
Im debating going Saturday Night, but really dont want to drive back after a game like this

MoMoneyMoProblems

"Payroll Support, at your service!"
I have no faith in this current team. They are abject losers.

After the WS in 2015 and losing the one game playoff in 2016, I actually thought this team may finally have figured it out.

2017 was a cold slap of reality that we sucked again.

You > Valent

Come @ me bro
eh, whatever. they won a lot of close games early on the backs of pitcing and the "bench mob" that everyone was trying to make a thing, and at the time the best "bench mob" guy had like a .700 ops. he also became an everyday player (and got better in fairness to him)

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
eh, whatever. they won a lot of close games early on the backs of pitcing and the "bench mob" that everyone was trying to make a thing, and at the time the best "bench mob" guy had like a .700 ops. he also became an everyday player (and got better in fairness to him)
I think this more speaks to how painful these last 2 weeks have been...they were one hit away in a ton of these games from getting a win. If they just go .500 in those games they're in the playoffs

Shit ass offense. Onto football to watch the Giants shit ass offense!

arjohn2.0

Veteran Refugee
Easily the most frustrating shitshow of a season i can ever remember, and that's saying a lot. They had to fucking TRY to not win this division, even with all the injuries and without deGrom.

They need to fire this entire coaching staff so far into the sun that they touch the core.

An epic failure by Rojas, virtually the entire second half was a master class in horriific in-game managing.

Hugh Queeflebaum or whatever the fuck his name is should probably never set foot on another major league bench ever again for as long as he lives. In any capacity, including sweeping up gum wrappers and empty seeds.