POBO Thread | The search continues!

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
Joe Espada and Carlos Beltran? Santa Maria!!

They have to hire a manager with major league managing experience this time. Someone that comes in here with a developed way of doing things and can set the tone. I don't think anyone in that clubhouse is a problem. But when they aren't even being held accountable for drinking enough water, its time for a guy to come in there and be in charge. Set the standards and hold the players accountable when they don't do what is asked of them or they don't perform up to expectations.
Joe Espada has worked under AJ Hinch and Dusty Baker...it's not just some geek off the street...I'd rather bring in someone that has had recent success as part of a coaching staff than just some old guy that used to win 20 years ago

JPSchmack

HOF'er Who Needs To Retire
Administrator
My big question is that: If we actually DO Hire DePodesta, what does Hire the poster do with his screen name?

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
could be any number of reasons why he withdrew last year. could mean he would be tough to pry away, but it doesnt mean he is refusing any and every opportunity out there

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
I think the NY job is a more attractive job because Byrnes would come in and be able to hire a GM, an assistant GM and a whole coaching staff...if Byrnes comes, maybe he can convice Gomes to come over and be the GM and they can build their coaching staff...he didn't have the same opportunity in Philly

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
I said it in the other thread, but Luhnow built a perennial winner in Houston

The Mets can be the next trash can he puts to work

CatchTheRisingStars

Veteran Refugee
Everyone already hates us all the time for no reason

Might as well win too
Yep. We could have the least offensive ownership/management possible and a team full of Curtis Grandersons and other baseball fans would be seething if we raced out to a 30-15 start and Mets fans started getting carried away. So let's just lean into it and give ourselves a better chance to win