Rojas fired (declining his option)

robardin

Older East Asian dude seeing both sides
Maybe they're ripping it up to give him a multi-year deal??🙏🙏🙏
Technically, that is possible. All that Alderson had said is that they wouldn't be renewing Rojas' contract (via the option), and that the next manager would be selected by whoever the new POBO / GM combo would be.

I suppose those people could decide to go back to Rojas... Just doesn't seem like there's much of a reason to want to do that.

Whoppers97

Refugee
Feel bad for Rojas, he kind of got a raw deal...but that said...it's exciting to look forward to Cohen Offseason Part Two.
I don't think he got a raw deal at all. I'd argue that he got incredibly lucky with the Beltran situation allowing him a managerial opportunity that was otherwise not forthcoming.

The best thing you could say about him in 2 years is that he was uninspiring.

He was gifted an opportunity that a lot of baseball lifers never get.

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
I don't think he got a raw deal at all. I'd argue that he got incredibly lucky with the Beltran situation allowing him a managerial opportunity that was otherwise not forthcoming.

The best thing you could say about him in 2 years is that he was uninspiring.

He was gifted an opportunity that a lot of baseball lifers never get.
I don't know, he probably wasn't ready to be a manager...so while he got the opportunity he was probably in over his head...he needed more bench experience at the ML level.

Whoppers97

Refugee
I don't know, he probably wasn't ready to be a manager...so while he got the opportunity he was probably in over his head...he needed more bench experience at the ML level.
Yeah. I think he'll get another chance down the line, and probably be better for it.