Rojas fired (declining his option)

Steve85

I was shocked to see both Melvin and Hurdle have around 1300 career wins each. (If we want to go the experience route) Melvin won Manager of the year 3X while Hurdle 1X.

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
I don’t think Dusty would be a terrible choice. Wouldn’t be my first, but he doesn’t murder his pitchers anymore and he seems to play well with orgs that use analytics. My major issues is he’s old and probably wouldn’t be here more than 3 years or so and his playoff record isn’t great, though playoffs are a crapshoot anyway.

A Beane/Backman duo would be awesome. There would be inevitable butting of the heads, but it would lead to the players being inspired. Will never happen though due to Backman's off-the-field stuff, but if it wasn't for that, Backman would be just as good as anyone else and would get an exemption from me for lack of MLB managerial experience. He's a good manager. Just a touch too emotional.

Fred Snow

Juan Negra
A Beane/Backman duo would be awesome. There would be inevitable butting of the heads, but it would lead to the players being inspired. Will never happen though due to Backman's off-the-field stuff, but if it wasn't for that, Backman would be just as good as anyone else and would get an exemption from me for lack of MLB managerial experience. He's a good manager. Just a touch too emotional.
FIRE AND INTEN-CITI!

Bod Rarajas

moderate italian salumi
I mean shit, maybe what we need to put it all together is a crusty old white guy who won’t take no “guff”

if it works, great. Just fuckin win already.

You > Valent

Future POBO
Buck Showalter is trending. why not hire the participation trophy of managers?! cool idea. when we fire him in 3 years, we'll be in line to win.

METS LEGIONS

It’s good to be the fantasy drama queen
Why even allow him to remain in the organization in a TBD capacity? I'm not impressed with anything Luis Rojas has ever done.
Rojas has a job in mets org if he wants it either as AA or A HIGH manager.
Can even do the analytics side of things he got over 15yrs in mets org I believe

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
Rojas has a job in mets org if he wants it either as AA or A HIGH manager.
Can even do the analytics side of things he got over 15yrs in mets org I believe
He’s a perfect minor league manager. The problem is he tried to manage like it was a minor league team when games actually mattered. Nobody cares if the 26th guy is playing twice a week in the majors. Play your best guys the majority of the time. End of story.

DrGooden

Refugee
I agree 1000% the manager should be able to bench whomever he thinks deserves it, or impose whatever methods he believes are warranted. Sadly, that's not in the cards for today's managers other than maybe some guy who's been around for a long time.

If a good manager gets the best out of his players, then I don't think there are many managers who could be called 'good'. A few, maybe. Davey had consistent success (i.e. teams that competed for the post-season almost every year). I also question how a manager does that exactly.

Mets won 100 games and a WS. The next two years, with essentially the same team, they barely finished over .500. Was Gil a good manager in '69 but bad the next two? Other guys had success some years and won WS, other years, often with the same team, failed to even make the playoffs.

I've always believed a manager (at least in the last few decades) has very little influence on the success of a team. He can have a major negative impact if he's causing friction or other distractions. I don't believe Rojas is guilty of that. But yes, managers are usually the scapegoat and I think Rojas is one.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I cannot conceive of how a modern day manager can impose anything on modern players. Young kids/rookies, maybe. Not vets.
They won 100 games in 88 and finished in first place . They ran into an unstoppable Hershiser in the post season, who basically shut the whole NL down after the all-star break. In 87 they were in it to the very end of September, even though decimated with injuries and finished over 20 games over .500.

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
Isn't that the plan? Once a new POBO is named, Sandy is going to retire immediately. It's their #1 priority this offseason to get rid of Sandy.
Not even close to true.

Sandy was never supposed to be acting POBO or gm. He's supposed to be on the business side of the team but had to take on both roles this year because of a drunk and a pervert.

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
Can they count 99 percent of his salary as manager, since it doesn't count as part of the cap? If so, brilliant idea!
He could retire, thus ending his contract, then get hired as manager for the amount he was owed. Then, when the first player on the team goes on the IL he can come out of retirement and sign a million dollar contract to play and manage, giving him more money than before to still play. The only issue would be him playing himself too much so he'd have to agree to certain limitations, such as the front office continuing to make lineups but promising him a guaranteed number of innings for the season. He's respected in the clubhouse, he still might have enough left to be a part time player and it would allow the team to spend more on players without exceeding the lux tax. DO IT SANDBEANE!

JPSchmack

HOF'er Who Needs To Retire
Administrator
Hear me out...

We approach two guys with one plan: Beane for Prez, Theo for GM.