Rojas fired (declining his option)

joedabum

i don't want a manager
Best suggestion. If managers are really a 5th wheel, if the lineup comes from the GM's office, if balls and strikes are called by computer, what the heck.....these guys have been playing baseball since they could speak. They can figure out a lineup. Have a team captain and let him do it. Have the GM talk to the press after the game. Done

OrangeReign

Buck and Ron Washington are the 2 I like most. At the end of the day as long as they hire a solid baseball person to run the ship I won't complain with whoever that person chooses to manage. Well not at first anyway. :g

gb2018

Noob
It's hard to believe but Rojas was leaning on the job. Too many things to point out but the guy didn't know enough to sub a pinch runner at the end of games for a turtle that lead of with a base hit. I don't see how we can do any worse.

Watching the Red Sox-Yankees game tonight and seeing Cora in the dugout makes me want us to just rehire Beltran. Fuck what the national media might say. Nobody’s talking about Cora and the Astros anymore and I’d expect the same for Beltran. Maybe there is some initial backlash but it would pass within a week or two.

sross07

Veteran Refugee
Watching the Red Sox-Yankees game tonight and seeing Cora in the dugout makes me want us to just rehire Beltran. Fuck what the national media might say. Nobody’s talking about Cora and the Astros anymore and I’d expect the same for Beltran. Maybe there is some initial backlash but it would pass within a week or two.
Yeah but cora had a body of work. Beltran has never managed.

Get someone who has managed. Who the POBO can work with and knows.

That might be Beltran, but I highly doubt it.

DeenNY31

Veteran Refugee
Was just listening to Jastremski and he predicted the Yankees could hire Beltran as their manager
Would make me sick if that happened