Shildt out in St. Louis

Bruce Wayne

Refugee
They were at .500 7 games back of the WC and went 38-20 over the next 58 games with a 17 game winning streak to make the WC. So they fire the guy. haha

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
so who's taking credit for the September run? I guess it's the POBO saying his "philosophy" is what got them to the playoffs? were the Cardinals doing anything different other than winning games?

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
its gotta be related to front office control over the dugouts decisions

which im guessing is what we are doing? so i dont think hed wanna manage here

SodaPopinski

Refugee
its gotta be related to front office control over the dugouts decisions

which im guessing is what we are doing? so i dont think hed wanna manage here
my 4 criteria i want most for next manager are 1) no more "promising" rookie managers, 2) a history of at least some past success, 3) not an old fart like baker, schowalter, etc, and 4) has a funny name that sounds like a swear word

shildt seems to tick all of those boxes. not sure what the disagreement was over, but def worth bringing him in for an interview

Beams

Veteran Refugee
Outside of an occasional horrendous decision, I like Mike. I think he brought out the best in the players unlike Matheny who tried to be too nice in showing faith to guys who sucked and robbed playing time from other guys who deserved it

I hope Shildt finds a good gig somewhere and has more success. It'd be fun to see him lead the Mets

You > Valent

Future POBO
ya know what? sure, we should hire this guy b/c his name is "Shit" with 2 extra letters but sounds nothing like "shit."