Tidbits

PatMahomes

Long time since I posted. Just wanted to drop in and post some things I’ve heard.

was told this morning beane is in the running. Saw on twitter he was unlikely but from what I’ve been told they still plan to talk.

if cashman is let go, he will jump to top of the list.

mets will talk To if they haven’t already to depodesta (who Sandy loves) and Michael hill.

there was some clubhouse turmoil this year, which was the main reason Rojas isn’t here.

the club noticed a change this year with degroms personality. Was more”diva” like than in the past. Will be interesting to monitor.

Lindor took over as immediate leader of locker room.He clearly underestimated the new York fans and media and didn’t handle it well. Was in a lot of the younger players ears and giving them bad advice. Team is confident he was just adjusting to NY and improved throughout the year.

the expected leaders of the team were Conforto and Alonso. Alsonso backed down a little with lindor coming in, but from top to bottom the organization, everyone loves Pete. He will take a major leadership role next year. Conforto was real distracted this year with his contract situation, injuries, and slump.

biggest shock for the organization this year was dom and mcneil. They didn’t not think they would struggle so much offensively.

will post more as I hear more. Hope everyone is doing well.

SnoopRonnyRon

Long time since I posted. Just wanted to drop in and post some things I’ve heard.

was told this morning beane is in the running. Saw on twitter he was unlikely but from what I’ve been told they still plan to talk.

if cashman is let go, he will jump to top of the list.

mets will talk To if they haven’t already to depodesta (who Sandy loves) and Michael hill.

there was some clubhouse turmoil this year, which was the main reason Rojas isn’t here.

the club noticed a change this year with degroms personality. Was more”diva” like than in the past. Will be interesting to monitor.

Lindor took over as immediate leader of locker room.He clearly underestimated the new York fans and media and didn’t handle it well. Was in a lot of the younger players ears and giving them bad advice. Team is confident he was just adjusting to NY and improved throughout the year.

the expected leaders of the team were Conforto and Alonso. Alsonso backed down a little with lindor coming in, but from top to bottom the organization, everyone loves Pete. He will take a major leadership role next year. Conforto was real distracted this year with his contract situation, injuries, and slump.

biggest shock for the organization this year was dom and mcneil. They didn’t not think they would struggle so much offensively.

will post more as I hear more. Hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks for updating us. Appreciate it.

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
I wonder if deGrom expected an immediate extension and was disappointed when he didn't get it...then, the team's back and forth with the media over his health status probably pushed him over the edge.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
the way people around baseball talked about deGrom this season, it would eventually get to his head

also, wasn't 2021 his first year making a lot of money? I know the contract kicked in for 2020, but with the shortened season he probably didn't get all of it....this season was the first $35 mil season so if he had any "diva" like tendencies, it's because he was surrounded by poor people

Willie777

the way people around baseball talked about deGrom this season, it would eventually get to his head

also, wasn't 2021 his first year making a lot of money? I know the contract kicked in for 2020, but with the shortened season he probably didn't get all of it....this season was the first $35 mil season so if he had any "diva" like tendencies, it's because he was surrounded by poor people
He was already rich.

Willie777

It's tough to figure out deGrom because he gives so little to the fans/press and he literally is the greatest pitcher in the sport and is racing to all-time status. He's a unicorn.

dmtt61d

Veteran Refugee
Admittedly I never pay much attention to the Bronx, but are the Yankees seriously considering letting Cashman go or is that just general chatter?

DeenNY31

Veteran Refugee
Wonder if the deGrom stuff is related to his frustration with how the team handled/spoke about his injuries?

Willie777

Wonder if the deGrom stuff is related to his frustration with how the team handled/spoke about his injuries?
I think that is only after the fact...I think he wanted to get paid right away...there was hints of contract talks after Cohen took over the team that fizzled.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
I think deGrom knows he got fucked on his extension, with all the deferrals. That's why he dumped his agent right after, someone definitely got in his ear that he got screwed over. He's going to be insanely motivated next season so that he can opt out and cash in a final time.

ChocolateZorro

Uniquely Gendered
yall dont need a safe space you are always free to crucify

that being said, hill would be a real disappointment. we should absolutely expect something better

Dekabreak

Veteran Refugee
WHEN IS CASHMAN GONNA MAKE A MOVE?

TO GET ANOTHA PITCHA I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THE GUY FROM CLEVELAND HERE

YOU HAFTA GET A PITCHA

AND IF THEY DON'T, THEY ARE DONE

FINISHED

bouds

Refugee
I think deGrom knows he got fucked on his extension, with all the deferrals. That's why he dumped his agent right after, someone definitely got in his ear that he got screwed over. He's going to be insanely motivated next season so that he can opt out and cash in a final time.
Yeah, I don't see success inflating his ego, but nothing will piss off a star player more, especially a pitcher, than getting dicked on a contract.

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
if michael hill is hired as our POBO I hope the white knights can at least sit this one out and let us crucify the decision
I'd need to see who the GM, manager, etc.. are before making any decision but I would not be impressed if Hill was the choice. Much better options out there

Dr. K

Refugee
Sad to hear that deGrom has turned into a diva, but not surprising.

Also very glad that the team shares my thoughts about Alonso becoming the Mets version of Harmon Killebrew.

dmtt61d

Veteran Refugee
Frustration surely building year over year for Jake with each dominant start and dominant season of his prime that gets wasted. Probably peeved about his contract, too. Probably a disagreement over the handling of his injury, too. Was obviously some BS being slinged in the various second half updates on his status, indicative that not everyone was on the same page.

Definitely seems like this team needs some respected veteran leadership in the manager position and in the clubhouse. And frustrating as his presence here can be, Cano can probably fill some of that leadership void on the player side. Clearly respected by everyone in that clubhouse. Manager needs to be an experienced, proven hand as well.