Tidbits

BGKAHUNA88

Refugee
225 is almost malnourished for 6'10. Johnson was far thinner than Jake.
I'm sure that was his rookie weight just like Clemens when they listed him at 205.
BTW ideal weight for a 6 10 male is 214-262.
6 4 male is 182-222. The fact that he's listed below that tells you everything you need to know. I bet he's closer to 170. deGrom is beyond what anyone would call wiry

GRANDSTRANDED

Lindor’s Bitch
Scherzer AND trea turner didnt get close to that type of return, I think that kind of return for a 34 year old SP who just missed half a season with a partially torn UCL who is under team control for 1 year is a total pipe dream.
Thank you.
I’m reading these proposed trades(haven’t caught up past your post) and I’m shaking my head….
Some of you are dreaming. He’s a 34 yo SP with arm issues, under one year of control, and making $35 mil.
Either we have to be realistic about what we can get back, or just stop talking about this.

GRANDSTRANDED

Lindor’s Bitch
they also were able to get rid of Price in the deal

and honestly, the Dodgers gave Betts a ridiculous contract...he's worth every penny, but can't blame the Red Sox for not wanting to allocate that much money into one player...not every team spends money like the Dodgers
…or we just did on a SS.

Bobbyv13

Veteran Refugee
Thank you.
I’m reading these proposed trades(haven’t caught up past your post) and I’m shaking my head….
Some of you are dreaming. He’s a 34 yo SP with arm issues, under one year of control, and making $35 mil.
Either we have to be realistic about what we can get back, or just stop talking about this.
I vote for the latter.

nasalpancho

Veteran Refugee
@nasalponcho that wasn't directed at you, I actually saw one of those clickbait articles while scrolling for a "Biggest Busts" story, with a picture of Bonilla, and I just found the quote and wanted to bring it up.

Bonilla played 3B and RF... hit a few more singles, hit a couple fewer home runs, struck out less, but OPS+ the same as Pete Alonso.

If Pete could play 3B like Bonilla, how would that affect everyone's offseason plans?
All good Jp .. wasn’t performance based .. more attitude and surliness based

millertyme44

Acuna's contract is awful, but he's at least getting paid better than most players in baseball

Albies got straight fucked by his agent...a 3-4 WAR player making $5-$7 mil a year until 2028

and I know paying Albies and Acuna $43 mil next season was meant to be hyperbole, but that's actually way more than they're actually making...Albies and Acuna are only making $20 mil combined next season
Oh and it gets better b/c Albies agent is Lindors agent so we got doubly fucked

Spadanko

Manipulates time and space to tell us everything b
I'm sure that was his rookie weight just like Clemens when they listed him at 205.
BTW ideal weight for a 6 10 male is 214-262.
6 4 male is 182-222. The fact that he's listed below that tells you everything you need to know. I bet he's closer to 170. deGrom is beyond what anyone would call wiry
There is no way that deGrom is only 170, and probably not even 180. I'm built very similarly to deGrom and am about 6' and I'm in the 170s. I can pretty much guarantee that he has more muscle than I do since he actually weight trains and I just play a lot of hockey and run around a bunch at softball for my "workout".

PoopDoop

River Baby!
Oh and it gets better b/c Albies agent is Lindors agent so we got doubly fucked

I never read this before but jesus christ how stupid is that article...yah Lindor's agent was gonna go back to him "listen we can't take this offer because one of my other clients got bent over last year"

And that little blurb about Andres Gimenez...like the Mets gave two fucks what he doing when they're trying to sign Lindor

JPSchmack

HOF'er Who Needs To Retire
Administrator
That makes some sense though, that agents tend to roll their previous contract experience into their next one.

The Islanders have the best lockdown defenseman in the league who was a RFA, signed a $5.75 million EIGHT YEAR contract which made everyone stop and turn their heads and say "that's the steal of the century right there"

And a day later, that agents' OTHER defenseman (Same age) signed an 8-year, $9.25 million contract with his dumb team. Pelech probably deserved $8 million and Nurse $7 million, but combined they got $15 million.