Tidbits

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
BQlpp lo l[loollllllpo]Lol p 0olook 90uestion now becomes, if degrom continues this attitude do you consider trading him before the opt out? I still want him here long term but if they don't have an extension done by the deadline I think you gotta look into it.

On edit, wtf happened here? Looks like I got hacked by HH lol

dmtt61d

Veteran Refugee
Guessing "diva" probably isn't the right word to describe him. Probably more just understandably frustrated by continued losing, his injuries, and seeing big money more readily thrown around to guys who haven't put in a day's work here, whereas he had to deal with the Wilpons on a less favorable deal that was probably more painful to negotiate. Can totally get where frustration would mount with all of that.

Probably also got pressured by the front office to get vaxxed; on that point, I would say shut the fuck up and get the shot, Jake. You too, Nimmo, Conforto, JD and McNeil.

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
He said he was a “diva”.
He also said the following...

4. His most recent extension (I said multiple times I heard that Wilpons wouldn’t go above wrights number. They ended up giving him the same. Yes, it was a new owner, but heard he wasn’t pleased when lindor blew past that number.)
He's upset about money. There were talks in the offseason about Cohen redoing his contract and those talks fizzled or were tabled...my speculation is merely that this pissed deGrom off...he wanted to be taken care of...The Mets being the Mets, they kicked a little dirt on his name here and there as his injury situation got worse. deGrom noticed the slights...

I think it isn't beyond reason that someone like Mahomes would hear the Mets shitting on deGrom as a 'diva,' when the root of it is a failed contract extension.

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
I don’t believe that Jake is annoyed at the Mets for not giving him an extension before the season when there was so many other issues to deal with or during the season when he was injured.

If you guys want to believe it, go right ahead. Sounds like hearsay nonsense to me.

MG5

Fucking Frazier
Who is the source of thinking deGrom is a “diva”? FO? Other players? People with the team in lesser roles? And what does it present as? Him being a dick/demanding? Or just people being aware he’s annoyed about things like money and the team sucking?

bouds

Refugee
Highly likely that many of the guys were ticked off that our home grown players were looked over while the front office pursued marquee names last offseason. Especially when the one high priced piece shits the bed the first couple of months, while the superstar posts unheard of numbers.

dmtt61d

Veteran Refugee
Who is the source of thinking deGrom is a “diva”? FO? Other players? People with the team in lesser roles? And what does it present as? Him being a dick/demanding? Or just people being aware he’s annoyed about things like money and the team sucking?
Not expecting Pat to reveal his source, but would be curious as well to know where that exact verbiage is coming from; if it's the front office, clubhouse, or elsewhere.

PatMahomes

what? i'm not being negative. are you implying McNeil was good or something? who the hell didn't expect McNeil to hit?
yeah maybe I didn’t explain well, but bot gonna argue with him. Mcneil and Dom are two players Mets thought very highly offensively. They don’t have a set position and the Mets we’re willing to play them out of position because of their plus bats. They thought going into the season they could count on those two to at the very least hit. They would figure out positions and defense along the way. They were taken back at how big of a step backwards they took at the plate.

Im sure they expected McCann and Conforto to hit as well, but those sentiments were not expressed to me like they were dom and mcneil

METS LEGIONS

It’s good to be the fantasy drama queen
Can
Long time since I posted. Just wanted to drop in and post some things I’ve heard.

was told this morning beane is in the running. Saw on twitter he was unlikely but from what I’ve been told they still plan to talk.

if cashman is let go, he will jump to top of the list.

mets will talk To if they haven’t already to depodesta (who Sandy loves) and Michael hill.

there was some clubhouse turmoil this year, which was the main reason Rojas isn’t here.

the club noticed a change this year with degroms personality. Was more”diva” like than in the past. Will be interesting to monitor.

Lindor took over as immediate leader of locker room.He clearly underestimated the new York fans and media and didn’t handle it well. Was in a lot of the younger players ears and giving them bad advice. Team is confident he was just adjusting to NY and improved throughout the year.

the expected leaders of the team were Conforto and Alonso. Alsonso backed down a little with lindor coming in, but from top to bottom the organization, everyone loves Pete. He will take a major leadership role next year. Conforto was real distracted this year with his contract situation, injuries, and slump.

biggest shock for the organization this year was dom and mcneil. They didn’t not think they would struggle so much offensively.

will post more as I hear more. Hope everyone is doing well.
We put this in rumor forum to protect pat from the source losers we have here that go running to beat writers
Thanks

Kraft4Prez

Gossip Girl
I don’t believe that Jake is annoyed at the Mets for not giving him an extension before the season when there was so many other issues to deal with or during the season when he was injured.

If you guys want to believe it, go right ahead. Sounds like hearsay nonsense to me.
We should all always take everything with a grain of salt. With all due respect to Mahomes-- who's been a great contributor and we're lucky to have him, his information comes from a secondary source. You can talk to 5 guys in one room and you may have 5 different opinions, you'll almost definitely have more than one. What gets relayed to Mahomes (as far as I know) I just one person's insight. Maybe a couple people think Jake's being negative and they're calling him a diva. Would anyone blame the guy for being frustrated this year? Those aren't the kinda things we need to dissect and analyze. Keep it in the back of your head.

You > Valent

Future POBO
Im sure they expected McCann and Conforto to hit as well, but those sentiments were not expressed to me like they were dom and mcneil
i'm not prodding for more info or anything, but i would actually really like to hear an organizational assessment of James McCann.

Supremedawg

Making Refugees Great Again
Administrator
yeah maybe I didn’t explain well, but bot gonna argue with him. Mcneil and Dom are two players Mets thought very highly offensively. They don’t have a set position and the Mets we’re willing to play them out of position because of their plus bats. They thought going into the season they could count on those two to at the very least hit. They would figure out positions and defense along the way. They were taken back at how big of a step backwards they took at the plate.

As in how in the fuck is Dom and McNeil sucking so bad shocking the FO news or an insider tidbit? Everyone was shocked and disappointed.