Trevor Bauer is a dirty fucking predator

Fargol

Refugee
Strange. If she was injured but "asked for it", can he be charged with assault?

How does she prove any of it? She might have banged her head getting into her car later, or falling off the bed.

And if they do have the messages, this sounds like she's trying to set him up and get a payday.

robardin

Older East Asian dude seeing both sides

How does she prove any of it? She might have banged her head getting into her car later, or falling off the bed.

And if they do have the messages, this sounds like she's trying to set him up and get a payday.
This angle is overplayed. I mean, if this is a criminal investigation, I don't think there's an option to "settle out of court with a money payment" any more? She can't "drop charges" if paid off, it's in the DA's hands now, isn't it? (Who can indeed negotiate something like that, but in a high profile case like this, the DA is probably going to try to make an example/a name for themselves or something)

Daft Punk

Proudly brewing Corona Virus since 2020
This angle is overplayed. I mean, if this is a criminal investigation, I don't think there's an option to "settle out of court with a money payment" any more? She can't "drop charges" if paid off, it's in the DA's hands now, isn't it? (Who can indeed negotiate something like that, but in a high profile case like this, the DA is probably going to try to make an example/a name for themselves or something)
She can drop a complaint and not cooperate and the criminal investigation will go nowhere.

Once the DA files charges, she cannot drop the charges as the State now operates on her behalf in criminal court.

MAJERATI

Banned
Super Moderator

there are no paydays in a criminal case…

Daft Punk

It is odd to detail out your defense like that in a press statement. But if his lawyer is anything like his agent…he or she isn’t a good one

how’s his agent doing with her other clients? Puig is playing in Mexico lolol
Not sure this is the kind of case I'd let a guy who basically bills himself as a sports attorney handle.

Daft Punk

I looked up the attorney because I was willing to bet Bauer would have used a dude with whom he went to UCLA or who went to UCLA law.

yale17

Refugee
From the bio: "As an MLB-certified agent, Jon represents players and coaches in contract negotiations, salary arbitrations, and free agency, as well as negotiates numerous endorsement and marketing contracts on their behalf. Some of his clients have included 2020 NL Cy Young Award winner Trevor Bauer, two major league players recognized among the 10 smartest athletes in professional sports by Sports Illustrated, and one current MLB manager." Represents the smartest and the dumbest!

bouds

Refugee
Whatever happened, all I know I know is I never wanted anything to do with this guy, was thrilled we didn't sign him, and continue to be thrilled he's not here.
Was right there with you, dodged that grenade.

TheMaskedMan put it well. Guy has no brains.

Supremedawg

Making Refugees Great Again
Administrator
Whatever happened, all I know I know is I never wanted anything to do with this guy, was thrilled we didn't sign him, and continue to be thrilled he's not here.
I was against it from the very start. All it took was a photo. I looked him up and immediately knew he was a douchebag. People actually got mad at me for not wanting him.