What’s your off-season approach?

• Total voters

amazin port

Refugee
Stro 5yr
Thor 5yr
Baez 5yr
Bring them back.
I would bring back hill so he and Carrasco can be the lefty righty version of Darren Oliver for next yr team. Thor and jake gonna be on innings limit or god forbid jake misses time you can mix and match these 2 for starts.

Spot starter long man vultures.
Keeps magill Peterson and rest in AAA as they need more seasoning down there.

I would go 4 or 5yrs on robie ray he pitched well in the American league east with all them sandboxes and gives us a nice 5 man rotation.

3b I want on short 3yr deal Escobar from brewcrew not only can he play 3b but all 4 infield positions and switch hitter.
If brewcrew dont bring back garcia I sign him too to 3 yr deal for cof.

One or 2 of davis dom and white privilege most be traded for other needs.

I definitely bring villar back on short 2 yr deal and overpay him. His versatility is definitely needed here.
Conforto I would give QO and hope he leaves.

Need 2 more pen arms Diaz and Castro need to be dealt as well.

This met team is flawed construction of sandy and Brodie pieces.
I can compete to win division with this roster if these moves are made.
Bryant I also would check on and see how much it cost.

As for farm its top heavy with somewhat elite prospects. And light on depth players.

Next POBO gonna need 3 drafts or 1 trade of high profile player to restock the depth needed to build out entire farm to become a feeder system.
Interesting, though I can see an outcry that the costing of that will be over '$300m' for the addition of just: Ray and Escobar.

joedabum

My offseason plan is to rent a cabana in Costa Rica and scout the area for third basemen and left fielders

Remember the Maine

Veteran Refugee
I don’t see any compelling reason to move him, other than the Ralph Kiner theory (“we can finish last without you, too”), but Cedric Mullins blew up this year for Baltimore and is a legit CF.

I’d give up a pretty sizable package if the Orioles were willing to listen.

DeenNY31

Veteran Refugee
We should be all over Chris Taylor, especially if conforto leaves
Something like 4/$64 mil maybes a ceiling, may be able to get him cheaper
Great versatility

Last edited:

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
What would you give for Mullins? Peterson+? Is that too much? Too little?
Cedric Mullins? the Orioles have absolutely no reason to trade him...the guy doesn't hit free agency until 2026 and just put up a 5.7 bWAR season

but I'm assuming you said this tongue-in-cheek

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
Cedric Mullins? the Orioles have absolutely no reason to trade him...the guy doesn't hit free agency until 2026 and just put up a 5.7 bWAR season

but I'm assuming you said this tongue-in-cheek
Was replying to RTM. Go jerk off to Trout ya big dummy.

nyrfan0815

Jeff Wilpon
Honestly think that's the best outcome - I wouldn't have hated if he accepted, but they can use the money elsewhere and find cheaper production there. Helps with changing up the squad as well
I think he’s making a mistake declining it but hope it works out for him

mphbullet36

Refugee
Honestly think that's the best outcome - I wouldn't have hated if he accepted, but they can use the money elsewhere and find cheaper production there. Helps with changing up the squad as well
agreed I like conforto...but I think you can replace 25-30 HR and 90 RBI (850 ops guy - 3 WAR) in a corner OF spot relatively easily in the aggregate. If he was a consistent 900+ OPS guy I would say invest long term he just hasn't shown that type of consistency in his career.

mphbullet36

Refugee
I think he’s making a mistake declining it but hope it works out for him
potentially but I still thinks someone offers him 5 years around 90-100 MM in a weak FA class. That may cost him over the long run but that is still a lot of long term security.

nyrfan0815

Jeff Wilpon
potentially but I still thinks someone offers him 5 years around 90-100 MM in a weak FA class. That may cost him over the long run but that is still a lot of long term security.
If he gets that I think he definitely made the right choice but I’m not so sure he gets there especially with a pick attached

mphbullet36

Refugee
If he gets that I think he definitely made the right choice but I’m not so sure he gets there especially with a pick attached
maybe...he still 28 so he has that going for him. If people think this year was a fluke and he more of a 850.900 OPS guy...I could see someone giving him more than the typical 4 years 60 MM that corner OF get. Remember granderson got that from the Mets and he was 33 on the 1st year of that deal.

Conforto hitting FA at 28 is good for him.

nyrfan0815

Jeff Wilpon
maybe...he still 28 so he has that going for him. If people think this year was a fluke and he more of a 850.900 OPS guy...I could see someone giving him more than the typical 4 years 60 MM that corner OF get. Remember granderson got that from the Mets and he was 33 on the 1st year of that deal.

Conforto hitting FA at 28 is good for him.
Yeah it will be interesting to see. If I was him, I might take the one year deal and hope for a better season and still hitting FA at 29 but if he stinks again next year he could be fucked so risks either way

mphbullet36

Refugee
Yeah it will be interesting to see. If I was him, I might take the one year deal and hope for a better season and still hitting FA at 29 but if he stinks again next year he could be fucked so risks either way
I probably would too, but he admitted FA got to him this year...maybe he doesnt want to go through that process again. He doesn't seem like a 200 MM guy anyway. So he may lose say 50 MM off a good year but securing 100 MM or something like that isn't too shabby.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
Is Kirby Yates expected to be out next season too? I think he’d be a great guy to pick up for the bullpen, but he had Tommy John and I have no idea when to expect him back