2022 Draft

code

Happier than the Pillsbury Doughboy on his way to
88. Jacob Reimer, 3B, Yucaipa (Calif.) High

Reimer is a strong right-handed hitter with good ball-strike recognition and at least average power right now. His bat speed is solid, not plus, but he has very good hand-eye and gets the bat to the ball consistently. He can over rotate and swing uphill, which he doesn’t need to do given his above-average power. Reimer has played shortstop in high school, but is going to move to third base in pro ball, if not a corner outfield spot. He’s committed to Washington and I could see him putting up big numbers in college if he doesn’t sign.

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
mets seem to have done well recently with cleaning up big stuff meh performance arms out of the draft recently and getting them to perform

I've forgotten the names of all the examples

amazin port

Refugee
The likelihood they actually sign Porter is almost none. They underslotted on Rocker by like $2.5 million. Say they underslot on a few other picks for another 500k-1 mill, they'd probably still be a million short to convince him to forgo school.
Why would they throw away their second pick, it would leave them with Rocker and the next best pick a 5th rounder (and $2.5m with nobody to spend on) ? The Rangers must have something in place (with him and Rocker), as we did with Allan.

The agreement gets put in place and player warns off other teams with the 'Clemson Commitment Line'. In a year that Prielipp and Lesko both lost millions due to injury it's a possibility that Porter wanted security.

ABB

Boring Smart Guy
Super Moderator
Texas can get the Porter deal done if they take college seniors with the next few picks. Those guys sign for like $20K and then you put all their slot money toward Porter.

DeenNY31

Board Pycho-logist
The likelihood they actually sign Porter is almost none. They underslotted on Rocker by like $2.5 million. Say they underslot on a few other picks for another 500k-1 mill, they'd probably still be a million short to convince him to forgo school.
I bet they sign him
This is the whole reason they took Rocker at 3, it’s part of their plain

nexxt

The Ultimate Contrarian and Serial Pooper
These parties talk. they probably already know the number else they don’t make the pick. Underslot Rocker to overslot Porter. It makes too much sense. To make it even better for Porter, Leiter & Rocker being there will take some of the pressure off him.

Daft Punk

Proudly brewing Corona Virus since 2020
I'm convinced I didn't get drafted because I didn't go to some dumbass HS called Georgia Premier High School.

Daft Punk

Proudly brewing Corona Virus since 2020
It had nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't hit anything that wasn't straight.