SS Lindor
3B Correa
LF Nimmo
CF Someone Good
RF McNeil

I wouldn’t complain about Sandy or the team

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
If they stop at Baez...Im going to need some fancy trade to make me feel good...like getting Ramirez from Cleveland.

the_stone31

Refugee
I might be in the minority but I'd rather trade for Chapman than sign Bryant. Has two years left on his contract, and hopefully Baty continues to do what he's doing so that could be an easy transition. Bryant sucks in the OF too. Chapman, Lindor and Baez would give us potentially 20+ DRS combined

Last edited:

ciarlatano

Refugee
Baez obviously has the intangible swag to thrive in NYC. Those players are rare and when you identify them you need to keep them
Baez may not be the best player on the current roster, and he certainly would not have been the best player on the 1986 roster. But, he is the only player we have had here in decades that has the swag and balls of the mid 80s team. I didn't love the move initially, but after watching him play, he is exactly what this team needs. Along with a few more players with his temperament. He is the anti-GLC.

Supremedawg

Making Refugees Great Again
Administrator
Paying $300M+ for a 3B man is not gonna happen, especially when other teams like the Tigers are rumored to be able spend that and play him at SS. We're not the only team that can spend money. It's not a smart baseball move, given that we have other needs. Simien or Bryant would be the much smarter move FA wise.

dptydwg420

Not to be confused with BlazeKing420
Signing Baez and short-term pitching moves is the way

there's far too much in flux.

Lets minimize our payroll flex and then go for Stearns next season! a bold strategy

dptydwg420

Not to be confused with BlazeKing420
Baez may not be the best player on the current roster, and he certainly would not have been the best player on the 1986 roster. But, he is the only player we have had here in decades that has the swag and balls of the mid 80s team. I didn't love the move initially, but after watching him play, he is exactly what this team needs. Along with a few more players with his temperament. He is the anti-GLC.
totally agree

and Lindor needs a handler here and we're pot committed on that one. Baez makes him better.

it also enables us to recruit any non jeff mcneil we want in the future. they can sell anyone together

PoopDoop

River Baby!
Here's the problem with comparing athletes of different eras. Compared to most of the players in 1986 Baez would have been so good they probably would have thought he was a wizard of some kind and chopped his head off. Can you imagine Javy Baez hitting off some of the dudes coming out of bullpens in 86 looking like they just wandered in off a bar stool ? They'd have to invent a new kind of ball to keep people from getting killed.

You had outliers like Bo Jackson, Canseco, Mcgwire and guys like that...but for the most part baseball players in the mid 80s looked like UPS guys working their second jobs.

ciarlatano

Refugee
Here's the problem with comparing athletes of different eras. Compared to most of the players in 1986 Baez would have been so good they probably would have thought he was a wizard of some kind and chopped his head off. Can you imagine Javy Baez hitting off some of the dudes coming out of bullpens in 86 looking like they just wandered in off a bar stool ? They'd have to invent a new kind of ball to keep people from getting killed.

You had outliers like Bo Jackson, Canseco, Mcgwire and guys like that...but for the most part baseball players in the mid 80s looked like UPS guys working their second jobs.
Incredibly far from the point I was making. Assume a 1986 relative Baez. The point is the first player we have had in ages that could have hung with those guys and has that kind of impact in intangible ways.

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
Batty and Lee would seem fair
I'd do Baty, Lee+ for Chapman and Laureano...I don't know if I'd give up Baty+ just to get Chapman...Baty is shooting up the prospect rankings and might be considered top 25 in baseball already