Chapman and Bassit

BennySammy

Parents should have arranged for deodorant instead
yeah, how the fuck would we know what it would cost? would we have thought we'd be able to get Lindor AND Carrasco for Rosario and Gimenez?

but I'd like Chapman...I really don't know enough about Bassit to have an opinion...I think Chapman would be perfect though and would be willing to move one of our top 3rd base prospects to get him...I don't know if I'd trade Baty though unless we get more than just Chapman, but Chapman being 2 years away from free agency seems like the perfect stop gap until Baty is ready

BennySammy

Chapmans bat isn’t great and you would be getting him just for his defense. Hard to pinpoint his value.
Chapman had a really bad 2021, but his bat is actually pretty good...it's similar to Javier Baez' bat

but Pickles mentioned that he wouldn't give up a top 25 prospect for Chapman, so we probably wouldn't have to trade Alvarez or Baty to get him...I'd do Mauricio or Vientos though

Paddle Head

Friend of E$
Chapman is one of my favorite players in all MLB, love watching him play. His offensive is what it is; good patience, good power, strikes out too much to hit for a good average. I personally think that he hasn’t fully recovered from his hip injury the prior year, even though he won the GG. So I’d think he still has upside.
I also don’t have any idea how he’s be valued on the market, but would be skeptical I’d like Oakland’s view on it.

BennySammy

yeah off of Chapman's 200K last year I wouldn't give up Mauricio either. Vientos + McGill type offer.
because of 200 Ks Mauricio is an overpay for Matt Chapman? the guy is one of the best defensive 3rd basemen of all time! and he has a career 120 OPS+

BennySammy

Mets mentioned in this article...saying Vientos could be a centerpiece

it's just an opinion from the writer though, so don't take it too seriously...just what an outsider would consider an equal trade