Francisco Alvarez

BennySammy

Banny
yeah, people get so sensitive when you mention that Alvarez has struggled since his promotion...that doesn't mean he sucks, but it does mean he's in the middle of a slump...there's no rush to promote a slumping player

maybe you can make an argument that he should've been promoted from AA to the majors, but seeing what he's done so far in AAA is showing that we should allow him to figure things out there before we promote him

ROACH 33

Veteran Refugee
yeah, people get so sensitive when you mention that Alvarez has struggled since his promotion...that doesn't mean he sucks, but it does mean he's in the middle of a slump...there's no rush to promote a slumping player

maybe you can make an argument that he should've been promoted from AA to the majors, but seeing what he's done so far in AAA is showing that we should allow him to figure things out there before we promote him
lol it’s 30 PA

BennySammy

Banny
lol it’s 30 PA
yeah, it's 30 PA, but he hasn't done shit in those 30 PAs...let him get out of the slump before you promote him...he'll only see even better pitchers after he gets promoted...let him hit his way out of his slump...if anyone on the ML team had 2 hits over 30 PAs, we'd want them DFA'd, but you guys are asking to promote a player that's in the same slump

ROACH 33

Veteran Refugee
yeah, it's 30 PA, but he hasn't done shit in those 30 PAs...let him get out of the slump before you promote him...he'll only see even better pitchers after he gets promoted...let him hit his way out of his slump...if anyone on the ML team had 2 hits over 30 PAs, we'd want them DFA'd, but you guys are asking to promote a player that's in the same slump
Are we talking about JD and Dom who have done nothing for a calendar year I wonder why people want them gone

BennySammy

Banny
By the same token…posters would be screaming to promote him if he went 10-30…and you know that’s true…
well, yeah...I'm not saying 2 for 30 or 10 for 30 proves whether he can or can't hit AAA pitching...I'm just saying he's in a slump right now, so let him at least hit out of his slump before he gets promoted

ager4evr

Refugee
It's been like 4 or 5 games lmfao.
Reevaluate on 8/15
That is eactly what the Mets are doing. Let the kid continue to develop his defensive game and see how he is handling AAA pitching after a handful of weeks. They are not going to ruch him up and sit on his ass defensively and bat DH a few times a week.

casey69

Refugee
well, yeah...I'm not saying 2 for 30 or 10 for 30 proves whether he can or can't hit AAA pitching...I'm just saying he's in a slump right now, so let him at least hit out of his slump before he gets promoted
To be clearer ..I was referencing the 30 PAs in which he hasn’t performed well..”Only 30 PAs can be a double edged sword….. I agree with your assessment…