Francisco Alvarez

joedabum

I'm not sure. If it's a bone chip, I'm assuming they're going to inject a steroid to calm things down. But that's not curative, and it's bound to reappear at some time. I wonder if they're doing this to see if they can get away with it and have him resume the season (sort of a test for the future), or if they're going to consider surgery in the off season. Without knowing what the loose body is, where it is, how big it is, and how it's impinging on other structures in the ankle, it's really not possible to even consider their actions as either right or wrong. Just hope they're doing the right thing, and this doesn't come up again (and again) in the future.

Daaaarryyl

Call him up
I'm very conservative wrt over-promoting young prospects and was laughing at the thought of calling him up to replace McCann/Nido last month.

But at this point I'm starting to think fuck it-call him up to DH. In blowouts put him behind the plate to work on his defense.

Team needs a spark or a slap in the mouth right now...

Daaaarryyl

he wouldn’t even be playoff eligible correct? I’d take him at dh at this point. Idc if he hits .150 that’s still an upgrade at this point
I could be wrong but as long as he is promoted from within the farm system replacing a 40 man member he's eligible.