Ike Davis

dpcv8

Refugee
Slump or bad player?

Seriously, would two weeks of Josh Satin be any worse then what he's doing right now? They have to send him down, regardless of how thin first base is organizationally.

Ike is going to have no confidence left and he's a gaping black hole. I don't think dropping him to 8 is going to help any.

O'Neill 5

Veteran Refugee
Slump or bad player?

Seriously, would two weeks of Josh Satin be any worse then what he's doing right now? They have to send him down, regardless of how thin first base is organizationally.

Ike is going to have no confidence left and he's a gaping black hole. I don't think dropping him to 8 is going to help any.
Josh Satin wouldn't start at first. My bet would be Duda if anything. with Bay due back soon it would open up a spot for Bay,Kirk,Torres to all play and you could rotate depending upon matchups

MG5

Fucking Frazier
Bay coming back would be the time to do it I think. But it wasn't that long ago that they made the big declaration of keeping him up. And they still might be against moving Duda to 1b

dpcv8

Refugee
But Satin is org filler garbage and Duda is a guy who you actually want to develop. Moving him out of position just as his bat is starting to come around seems counter productive. You can't let Ikes struggles trickle down to the rest of the team as you try and band aid it.

Last edited:

O'Neill 5

Veteran Refugee
But Satin is org filler garbage and Duda is a guy who you actually want to develop. Moving him out of position just as his bat is starting to come around seems counter productive. You can't like Ikes struggles trickle down to the rest of the team as you try and band aid it.
well that's the problem with Ike struggling. He's wayyyyy better in the field then anybody at his position in this organization, by removing him and putting a below average fielder like Satin you weaken the entire infield. Duda would be slightly better at first and while it'd be nice to let him develop in RF atleast if you move him to first your OF defense improves.

I don't know though, either scenario is plausible I guess though

mc2Rumba

Veteran Refugee
Team prosperity > Duda's developmental preferences

Nothing would hurt if Ike went down for two weeks and the Mets rolled with Bay-Torres-Kirk for a while and Duda at first. Red Sox played Gonzo in RF for a few games to get the rookie Middlebrooks' bat in the lineup. Whatever it takes.

If Ike can right himself in the minors after a couple of weeks then it would be completely worth it. He is stinking up the joint.

dpcv8

Refugee
I just hate jerking guys around.

Duda is fine where he is and I think the negatives of having him adjust to 1b when he's barely played it in the minors outweigh the positives of having a better band aid on Ikes absence.

mc2Rumba

Veteran Refugee
I would rather have Duda at 1B and Bay/Torres/Kirk in the lineup than play someone like Satin everyday.

melscott62

Refugee
again... we need ike to have come up with some injury.... let him take some time off and then he can have a rehab assignment.

Buddy Lembeck

MR Historian
Super Moderator
I just hate jerking guys around.

Duda is fine where he is and I think the negatives of having him adjust to 1b when he's barely played it in the minors outweigh the positives of having a better band aid on Ikes absence.
Seriously?

Wendell's Necklace

brought to you by Taijuan
Moving Duda from RF to 1B isn't really jerking him around, especially when he has an extensive history at 1B. It's not like we're looking to move him to SS.

Ike needs to go down. It's shameful at this point. Bay, Cap't, Torres can hold down the OF just fine, Hairston is an outfielder, whoever comes up will likely be an OF . . . they'll be fine.

dpcv8

Refugee
Seriously?
His MLB career with the Mets is going to be in the outfield, why take him out of it when he's doing fine?

Satin can't hit a MLB avg fastball on his best day.
And Ike can't hit a breaking ball (or take one) at the moment. Nobody is suggesting Satin as a long term solution, but at least he's on the roster and would involve minimal fuckery. And you can bat him 8th without worrying about his confidence or whatever, cause who cares.

Fred Snow

Juan Negra
In the NL the 2nd to lowest OPS is the Dodgers shortstop Dee Gordon who is .020 OPS points higher than Ike. The 3rd lowest is the Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford .080 OPS points higher than Ike. He's about .250 OPS points from being AVERAGE in the NL.

He's having the worst offensive season for a Mets 1st baseman in their history and its not really close.

And those #s above from Ike doesn't include tonight's performance.

Last edited:

Buddy Lembeck

MR Historian
Super Moderator
The logical plan is Duda to first and Ike to get his shit together in AAA.

Keith got sent down in his first full year for a few months. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Keith had a .579 OPS on June 3, 1975 when he was sent down. Did very well in AAA. Brought back up in September and his career took off after that.

Last edited:

Reyes the Roof

The logical plan is Duda to first and Ike to get his shit together in AAA.

Keith got sent down in his first full year for a few months. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Keith had a .579 OPS on June 3, 1975 when he was sent down. Did very well in AAA. Brought back up in September and his career took off after that.
Have to do this if nothing changes when bay comes back. At some point it hurts his confidence more to keep making outs in the majors than it would to just bite the bullet and send him down. Kirk Murph Wright Duda Bay Tejada Torres Thole sounds good to me