Lee developing nicely

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
He's been showing a lot more power recently too, on top of the improved plate discipline.

Curious if the Mets think he can stick in CF or not. I noticed he's been playing a lot of RF, so I'm guessing not.

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
I’m actually surprised Matz’s numbers are as good as they are. He’s giving up tons of base runners and his strikeouts are down.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
I’m actually surprised Matz’s numbers are as good as they are. He’s giving up tons of base runners and his strikeouts are down.
He's been pitching a little better recently, but I was reading this morning that the Jays were debating kicking him out of the rotation. Stripling then hurt his oblique so Matz won the spot by default.

Hire

Veteran Refugee
Administrator
The K rate is the big concern but his walk rate is Nimmo esque this year and he's showing more power recently.

I don't know if he'll hit enough to stick in RF, so that might ultimately be what decides whether he's a starter or just a good 4th OFer.

Very encouraging signs recently either way!

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
ability to make contact in the major leagues

I get how a potential low BA with good discipline big power speed and good defense sounds nice and all but I wonder about him being able to put the bat on the ball effectively enough to even let all the other skills carry

amazin port

Refugee
Release Almora and call him up
Agree, why not give him the chance to prove it at the MLB level (ala Megil).

It could well be that after his first taste of the majors in 18 PA's (at the age of 22), he puts that to a positive and uses the experience as a positive leading to a minor league break through. He's put up career best: BA, OBP, WRC+ and wOBA and SLG since his rookie season.

We are in obvious need of OF help and other than Marte, there arent many (any) FA's of note next year.

Give him a go, rather than flogging dead veterans.

joedabum

Release Almora and call him up
Unless he's major league ready to hit (and probably not), then having him come off the bench for the occasional at bat won't help his overall development. Let him play regularly in AAA and continue his AB's. Only way he comes up is if we are totally out of it....then he comes up and plays regularly up here (unless the powers that be feel his bat wouldn't be up to it). But yes, the posts here are thinking about putting him in RF and saying goodbye to Conforto. Even if Conforto has a great remainder of the season, it's hard to wash away two thirds of a season. He's playing for a QO right now. He'll get one if he's lights out for the rest of the season. Otherwise, he's part of a winter trade.

WaitTillNextSeason

Veteran Refugee
He's been pitching a little better recently, but I was reading this morning that the Jays were debating kicking him out of the rotation. Stripling then hurt his oblique so Matz won the spot by default.
Matz is better than Stripling so that would've been a weird decision

mookie8669

Refugee
Unless he's major league ready to hit (and probably not), then having him come off the bench for the occasional at bat won't help his overall development. Let him play regularly in AAA and continue his AB's. Only way he comes up is if we are totally out of it....then he comes up and plays regularly up here (unless the powers that be feel his bat wouldn't be up to it). But yes, the posts here are thinking about putting him in RF and saying goodbye to Conforto. Even if Conforto has a great remainder of the season, it's hard to wash away two thirds of a season. He's playing for a QO right now. He'll get one if he's lights out for the rest of the season. Otherwise, he's part of a winter trade.
Agree with most everything except the last sentence.