Mark Vientos

GrittyandGutty

Politics Pelf
It's absurd how easy his power is to the opposite field

It's like he doesnt even hit the ball well and it just sails out easily

It's not far fetched to think he will have Judge/Stanton esque power, obviously long shot to be nearly as good of a contact hitter as either at their best but he if he figures it out he will hit 40 hr in his sleep
unfortunately his power zone(RF) is death for right handers at citi. it's a poke to get it out to straight away RF. right center is doable but straight away right is rough.

he hits no doubters out to RF though.

tejdog1

A Tej
He'll strike out in like 37% of his PAs, but it's got to be better than JD and Dom combining to do jack fuckall at DH.
Call him up.

MetsManiac

Veteran Refugee
It’s honestly bizarre at this point.

We’re getting zero production out of 3B and DH. Our lineup needs a power bat.

Our most major league ready prospect is a 3B/DH and hits for power. He has 1,500 minor league plate appearances.

He has been tearing the cover off the ball. Last two months in AAA his OPS is .970. Slash line of .290/.400/.575.

And he hasn’t been called up yet.

ABB

Boring Smart Guy
Super Moderator
I know. Call him up, give him 5 weeks straight at DH. See what he does with 30 games.
I think the fact that Vientos hasn’t been called up tells you they are going to trade for a very established bat at DH.

They probably don’t want to call him up knowing he will be sent back down no matter what he does.

tejdog1

A Tej
I think the fact that Vientos hasn’t been called up tells you they are going to trade for a very established bat at DH.

They probably don’t want to call him up knowing he will be sent back down no matter what he does.
Well then make the damn trade.
JD and Dom for 5 more weeks will make me yeet myself off a cliff

JD hasn’t been good since 2019 (I know his numbers were good last year, but he still sucked) and we’re still giving him chances over Vientos. Fucking crazy

hug_a_mako

Mark Vientos... YES
Francisco Alvarez... Yes
Brett Baty... Yes...

Mauricio. Just chill.
Don't worry. We won't trade you

Damnit, mets.

hug_a_mako

How long has this former organization propelled you to fear of displaying top prospects on the major league level .

You are cowards

Stained by breath of a former family.

Afraid

Well, no longer be afraid, for we are the faithful.. we are the hopeful.

WE ARe

amazin port

Refugee
Scoring runs is what actually wins games. We are doing quite well in that regard. Calling up Vientos should be because he's ready, not because you are entertained by all or nothing hitters.
View attachment 34442
Yep, we've succeeded on the "not selling out for the sake of hitting HR's"......however, Vientos has nothing to prove in AAA and he cant do any worse than the production we're already getting from DH.

I wonder if we're holding on bringing Vientos up as we're still trying to raise JD's value for a trade.

Buddy Lembeck

MR Historian
Super Moderator
MLB Rank

DH:
wRC+: 80 [#26]
wOBA: .274 [#27]

3B:
wRC+: 93 [#19]
wOBA: .294 [#20]

C:
wRC+: 47 [#28]
wOBA: .226 [#29]

----------------------------

1B:
wRC+: 131 [#8]
wOBA: .349 [#12]

2B:
wRC+: 125 [#3]
wOBA: .342 [#3]

SS:
wRC+: 111 [#8]
wOBA: .320 [#9]

LF:
wRC+: 119 [#6]
wOBA: .333 [#7]

CF:
wRC+: 121 [#4]
wOBA: .336 [#5]

RF:
wRC+: 115 [#9]
wOBA: .327 [#9]

WC

sandy vagina
Super Moderator
if vientos could mike jacobs for 2 weeks the mets would be 13 games up in the division