Mets should start scouting this kid! (My Nephew)

Pickles

Misch Tickles My Pickle
82 percentile for speed at age. He's not highly touted in his class according to Perfect Game. Is he your relative?

Also, there is a 14 year old throwing 91 MPH in NC. There's a 14 year old throwing 88 20 minutes from me.

bELIeve

Refugee
82 percentile for speed at age. He's not highly touted in his class according to Perfect Game. Is he your relative?

Also, there is a 14 year old throwing 91 MPH in NC. There's a 14 year old throwing 88 20 minutes from me.
Yeah, he's my Nephew. He works hard. I'm happy he loves the game

Pickles

Misch Tickles My Pickle
Good luck to him. See a lot of kids throwing at the same velo who wish they had that breaker from a unique slot he has.

Pickles

Misch Tickles My Pickle
My Nephew was offered a full ride, room, and board to FIU. First offer, so there should be more. Amazing! Not bad for a 15 year old Sophmore!
That's a great offer and about the age where those offers start to fly in. Y'all, that offer is tremendous. Not many baseball players get that sort of offer. FIU is a solid program. There's very few guarantee full rides to go around. But that breaker from that slot man. Set him apart IMO.

If I talk to any recruiters this spring, I'll float his name. It might be a spring and summer with offers for him. So many quality d1 programs NC down to FL

bELIeve

Refugee
That's a great offer and about the age where those offers start to fly in. Y'all, that offer is tremendous. Not many baseball players get that sort of offer. FIU is a solid program. There's very few guarantee full rides to go around. But that breaker from that slot man. Set him apart IMO.

If I talk to any recruiters this spring, I'll float his name. It might be a spring and summer with offers for him. So many quality d1 programs NC down to FL
Yeah, he's so excited. Of course he isn't ready to commit to anything at the moment, but just the fact this happened enables him to see the reward for all of his hard work. He also picked up a few mph's over the last few weeks. The last tournament he was in he was sitting 83 - 85 and topped out at 87. Said his goal is it hit 90 by end of 2022. He was also named Most Valuable Pitcher of the tournament. I'm super proud of him and so excited. Seriously living vicariously through all of this.

Screenshot_20220124-175913_Messages.jpg

Pickles

Misch Tickles My Pickle
Yeah, he's so excited. Of course he isn't ready to commit to anything at the moment, but just the fact this happened enables him to see the reward for all of his hard work. He also picked up a few mph's over the last few weeks. The last tournament he was in he was sitting 83 - 85 and topped out at 87. Said his goal is it hit 90 by end of 2022. He was also named Most Valuable Pitcher of the tournament. I'm super proud of him and so excited. Seriously living vicariously through all of this.

View attachment 26624
I figured he added velo given the offer. I’ll have to check PG for the recap later. D1 schools, no matter size, don’t offer kids full rides unless they are weekend Caliber SP dudes. Does he train with anyone down there? I’ll have to ask my wife’s cousins about him. They are now in North FL but came up through the academy’s in Boward around the same age.