Taylor Rogers

amazin port

Refugee
giving up anything of value for RP is stupid giving any year they can fall off a cliff
Yep, and with targeting 2/3 SP's in this off-season to add to: dGrom, Carrasco, Walker, Peterson, MacGill and with Allan/Ginn not that far away what's our projections for pitchers like Butto, Oller? Keep them in the minors or finish off their development in the pen?

bphunke

Rephugee
Administrator
So you guys would rather trade for a pitcher and give up assets than give Loup money that amounts to pennies for SteveCo?
No one said this anywhere in either thread. Literally everyone here wanted Loup back. Separate from Loup we can also speculate on acquiring the services of Tayler Rogers. He is also a lefty who has good stuff. You see how that works? One player is now off the market so other options are being discussed. No one is trying to argue with you about how cheap the Mets are or whatever dumbass mongo argument you are going for.

You > Valent

Future POBO
trading for any "good" reliever is an overpay. doesn't matter who it is. don't build pens through trade, unless it's dumping expiring dudes off at the deadline for live arm projects. you're probably better off trading for reclamation projects and flamed prospects b/c they don't require big prospect capital.

BGKAHUNA88

Refugee
No one said this anywhere in either thread. Literally everyone here wanted Loup back. Separate from Loup we can also speculate on acquiring the services of Tayler Rogers. He is also a lefty who has good stuff. You see how that works? One player is now off the market so other options are being discussed. No one is trying to argue with you about how cheap the Mets are or whatever dumbass mongo argument you are going for.
That's a LIE. Go to the Loup thread and see where people are saying that for that amount I wouldn't have signed Loup. As if that money even moves Cohen. That's the type of cheap deal that should never stop the Mets now that Cohen is the owner from taking a calculated risk that Loup had indeed turned the corner.
Instead you have idiots trying to rationalize to themselves or others that he's going to have a shitty year coming up.

So I'll say it again. We now have people trying to trade assets for what they could've had for what amounts to nothing.

IDK if its to make themselves feel better or its stupidity mixed in with a lot of denial. The deal that he got is not even a fart in the wind for Cohen. He should have matched that and taken the risk. If Loup does regress it's the type of deal that Cohen should easily be able to stash in AAA and NEVER worry about.

Longrod Von Schlongpepper

Little dick energy Opto aka NYRomy the Clown
That's a LIE. Go to the Loup thread and see where people are saying that for that amount I wouldn't have signed Loup. As if that money even moves Cohen. That's the type of cheap deal that should never stop the Mets now that Cohen is the owner from taking a calculated risk that Loup had indeed turned the corner.
Instead you have idiots trying to rationalize to themselves or others that he's going to have a shitty year coming up.

So I'll say it again. We now have people trying to trade assets for what they could've had for what amounts to nothing.

IDK if its to make themselves feel better or its stupidity mixed in with a lot of denial. The deal that he got is not even a fart in the wind for Cohen. He should have matched that and taken the risk. If Loup does regress it's the type of deal that Cohen should easily be able to stash in AAA and NEVER worry about.
It has NOTHING to do with Steve's value and EVERYTHING to do with allocating resources within a luxury tax. I'm sorry you don't seem to understand that baseball isn't like it was in the 1990's anymore. He's not going to have a $300 million payroll no matter how many idiots like yourself cry about it.