Zack Scott busted for Drunk Driving, now let go from the Mets

Tomrok

Buster: "So what if a guy got blackout drunk and killed that hooker, that doesn't mean he can't be a good baseball writer...general manager, a good general manager."

Joey Dirt

Hopes Community College Can Compare
What proof is there that Scott was even competent at his job?

look how hard it is to get a GM right now

we Pulled this guy from another organization and made him an assistant GM no questions asked

LuvsBBCnews

Ouranus Power Bottom

we Pulled this guy from another organization and made him an assistant GM no questions asked
lol this too. ever since Porter got fired the FO has been a dumpster fire.

why exactly is Scott now this baseball expert that doesn't deserve to get canned?

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee

Huh? He was AGM with the Red Sox and was pretty well regarded.

Ford Prefect

Smarter Than Everyone Else
Lol who is driving this agenda
Well in many ways we are, because we click, we get angry, we tweet back (maybe not actually US, but Mets fans do).

After decades of sub par ownership, we bring in one of the richest men in the world, and we all expected things would turn around. The team we built last year was good, but not great. Still, had our players played to career norms, we probably would have won 85-90 games and may have made the playoffs. But the fact that we bring in a star SS and a few other key pieces, and then typical Mets BS happened, it just allowed the media to continue to feed the LOLmets narrative.

A lot of it is deserved for sure. But, it's very clear that Buster Olney and his editor would have written a critical article/headline no matter what the decision on Scott would have been.

cmcm750203

Veteran Refugee
lol this too. ever since Porter got fired the FO has been a dumpster fire.

why exactly is Scott now this baseball expert that doesn't deserve to get canned?
I don’t necessarily agree with Olney writing an article about it because, well he sucks, but I don’t think the premise is absurd. I have no problems giving people second chances depending on how bad the transgressions are. Not to downplay DUI, but assuming he learned from it I could live with a demotion.

LuvsBBCnews

Ouranus Power Bottom
I don’t necessarily agree with Olney writing an article about it because, well he sucks, but I don’t think the premise is absurd. I have no problems giving people second chances depending on how bad the transgressions are. Not to downplay DUI, but assuming he learned from it I could live with a demotion.
Eh. If it was just a DUI I’d agree but it was after leaving a charity event at the owners house.

That’s embarrassing for an organization

Joey Dirt

It doesn’t matter if he’s right. You can’t come out and publicly say that

especially when people have been killing the Mets for not acting on transgressions

RM57

(((RM57)))
thats the thing.. do we know that he learned from it? The fact that they fired him before his court date and before they hired a gm leads me to believe that they know more about this then we do...

yeah yeah "do you really trust the mets.."

Joey Dirt

It should’ve just been something like

Mets organization blue print is even more unclear after firing Scott following a DUI charge that took place after a charity event at owner Steve cohens house

Joey Dirt

Like kill the Mets for their recent history of employing people with character flaws that are not responsible

don’t kill them for doing the right thing and firing a guy

Willie777

Singing Country Music for God and America
Like kill the Mets for their recent history of employing people with character flaws that are not responsible

don’t kill them for doing the right thing and firing a guy
I can't tell if it is a baseball fraternity thing (protecting their own) or more likely the whiff of 'LOLMets' which they know drives engagement like no other, regardless of how stupid the take is.

It's a dumb formula to them.

BooSisk

micropenis
Sure but the Mets have no obligation to provide that chance. For anyone in the media to bash the Mets here is ridiculous.

Acrimony

Refugee
This take somehow got worse in light of the Henry Ruggs news.

Scott is lucky that his stupidity only resulted in him getting fired.

Gomo

Veteran Refugee
Comical that Buster or any other writer would go to bat for Zack Scott right now. Mets had to set this precedent. Maybe another team could have afforded to reassign Scott within their organization. Mets need to build a winning mindset from the ground up. Can't afford a Zack Scott relapse even in an assistant GM role.